Martin Odegaard

King5Puyi

Let's hope for him, it's not his last payout already. A 16 year old at Madrid, not a smooth decision unless he's going to get loaned for a few years.

El Gato

Villarato!
So lovely to see Perez and Carlo making these moves. Asensio, Jese, Varane, James, now Odegaard. Future is getting taken care of :) Thread is on the move to the right section!

Kohe321

Wait, his parents must come to Madrid as well and work here or something, right?

His father has gotten a job as a youth team coach.

He handled himself really well at the presser, impressed.

This picture was taken two weeks ago during the first training:

B79UwiAIIAAnge4.jpg

raskolnikov

Think about this: If he succeeds he will be a great footballer playing at the highest level, if he fails him and his family are financially secure for life, he gets to live in Madrid and learn Spanish adn might still have a career in football cause he has Madrid on his resume.
I get his decision to be honest.

raskolnikov

His father has gotten a job as a youth team coach.

He handled himself really well at the presser, impressed.

This picture was taken two weeks ago during the first training:

B79UwiAIIAAnge4.jpg
Thats how they convinced him, superstars meeting him, private jet, family jobs, a lot of money for him and false career promises.
They lured the kid in, but in the end its win/win for him even if he fails.

Kohe321

Thats how they convinced him, superstars meeting him, private jet, family jobs, a lot of money for him and false career promises.
They lured the kid in, but in the end its win/win for him even if he fails.

Yes, he got a great welcome and him and his father was offered a very lucrative deal, but false career promises?

They have offered him a clear package with very clear opportunities that comes with it. He knows this. It's up to him to seize the moment, and it's a confident move from him because he believes he actually can do this. If he turns out to become a world class player in a few years, then having joined Ajax first would have been an uneccessary step on the way. There are stories coming out of the RM training a few weeks ago that they played a 4v4 or 5v5 match, that him and Ronaldo were on the same team and that he dribbled through RM players on the regular and scored some goals.

They "lured the kid in"... It's Barcas own fault that they didn't do the same. That they didn't give him the same welcome, gave him and his dad the same lucrative deal... I mean, Lucho acted as if he didn't know who he was when asked in a presser. That cocky attitude might have cost Barca the next big player some years down the line. It's also Barcas own fault that we have an unstable management both at the top level and on the coaching level that makes us bad choice right now. The future will tell who can laugh.

I mean, he will be with the first team for the majority of the week, and then move on to train with the Castilla and Zidane a couple of days before matches. Sure beats training with Eusebio day in and day out don't you think?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yes, he got a great welcome and him and his father was offered a very lucrative deal. But false career promises?

They have offered him a clear package with very clear opportunities that comes with it. He knows this. It's up to him to seize the moment, and it's a confident move from him because he believes he actually can do this. If he actually turns out to become a world class player in a few of years, then having joined Ajax first would have been an uneccessary step on the way. There are stories coming out of the RM training a few weeks ago that they played a 4v4 or 5v5 match, that him and Ronaldo was on the same team and that he dribbled through RM players on the regular and scored some goals.

They "lured the kid in"... It's Barcas own fault that they didn't do the same. That they didn't give him the same welcome, gave him and his dad the same lucrative deal... I mean, Lucho acted as if he didn't know who he was when asked in a presser. That cocky attitude might have cost Barca the next big player some years down the line. It's also Barcas own fault that we have an unstable management both at the top level and on the coaching level that makes us bad choice right now. The future will tell who can laugh. Right now I wouldn't act cocky.

I mean, He will be with the first team for the majority of the week, and then move on to train with the Castilla and Zidane a couple of days before matches. Sure beats training with Eusebio day in and day out don't you think?

Spot on.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yes, he got a great welcome and him and his father was offered a very lucrative deal, but false career promises?

They have offered him a clear package with very clear opportunities that comes with it. He knows this. It's up to him to seize the moment, and it's a confident move from him because he believes he actually can do this. If he turns out to become a world class player in a few years, then having joined Ajax first would have been an uneccessary step on the way. There are stories coming out of the RM training a few weeks ago that they played a 4v4 or 5v5 match, that him and Ronaldo were on the same team and that he dribbled through RM players on the regular and scored some goals.

They "lured the kid in"... It's Barcas own fault that they didn't do the same. That they didn't give him the same welcome, gave him and his dad the same lucrative deal... I mean, Lucho acted as if he didn't know who he was when asked in a presser. That cocky attitude might have cost Barca the next big player some years down the line. It's also Barcas own fault that we have an unstable management both at the top level and on the coaching level that makes us bad choice right now. The future will tell who can laugh.

I mean, he will be with the first team for the majority of the week, and then move on to train with the Castilla and Zidane a couple of days before matches. Sure beats training with Eusebio day in and day out don't you think?

Couldn't agree more.

Home of Barca Fans