Martin Braithwaite

JerseyAddict

He’s actually a very solid and hard working player and deserves more respect. Makes it even more funny how it will just make everyone hate Barca more.

Here’s an interview with him by Sid Lowe from 4 months ago. Have a listen y’all:
https://soundcloud.com/thespanishfootballpodcast/tsfp-meets-martin-braithwaite

The poor guy will be either "on the shield or with the shield".

The situation about his signing is a disaster in the terms was he signed or Prince or Jabba the Hud. All the same. It is not about tge player but about the whole shitshow created by the board.

Kuchi

This team is amazing in finding new ways to let it's fans down.

WTF?!?! We get a chance to get a player that can actually make an impact, and we buy a john doe, who does tap is and rebound goals in his highlight video...

Only way we ever get out of this slump is after the new president/board elections.

wisconsincule

He’s actually a very solid and hard working player and deserves more respect. Makes it even more funny how it will just make everyone hate Barca more.

Here’s an interview with him by Sid Lowe from 4 months ago. Have a listen y’all:
https://soundcloud.com/thespanishfootballpodcast/tsfp-meets-martin-braithwaite

Thanks for posting the interview. Seems like a very likable guy.

He’s thrust into a pretty shitty situation but he did say in the beginning of the interview that his goal was to play for Madrid or Barca so hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity.

And shame on all of the fans who are writing him off before he even plays. It’s not his fault that the FCB board is incompetent.

PhilS

I fully expect him to be a big upgrade from Boatang, or from anyone currently available from Barca B. He's just one injury away from starting every game.

serghei

And shame on all of the fans who are writing him off before he even plays. It’s not his fault that the FCB board is incompetent.

Yea, but it's more on the club than him. We are a mess. Why do you set a 300m. clause on this guy, and make him a target of jokes? Like how gratuitously stupid is that?

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Yea, but it's more on the club than him. We are a mess.

Which doesn't warrant the approach of calling him average or a John Doe. As of right now the most humble guy in that dressing room. That alone will make him a good utility player for Setien and any subsequent manager. This is not a joke signing, I think it could turn out to be a very good one if he applies like I suspect he will. He will be better squad member than Perez or some other La Masia pawn. The only thing that is a joke is the rule and Barcelona having to execute it rather than going for a guy like Braithwaite as an emergency patch transfer.

wisconsincule

Yea, but it's more on the club than him. We are a mess. Why do you set a 300m. clause on this guy, and make him a target of jokes? Like how gratuitously stupid is that?

At this point I take everything that the club does with a grain of salt. The release clause is a joke but it’s nothing new in the mountain of stupid things that have been done.

From that interview, Braithwaite seems to have the right mentality. The pressure of playing at Leganes to Barca is completely different but I’ve got some hope that he might actually help us out.

Fati isn’t physically ready to play every match so even if Braithwaite can mirror Fati’s performances I would consider it a success.

serghei

Which doesn't warrant the approach of calling him average or a John Doe. As of right now the most humble guy in that dressing room. That alone will make him a good utility player for Setien and any subsequent manager. This is not a joke signing, I think it could turn out to be a very good one if he applies like I suspect he will. He will be better squad member than Perez or some other La Masia pawn. The only thing that is a joke is the rule and Barcelona having to execute it rather than going for a guy like Braithwaite as an emergency patch transfer.

Yea, a joke. Everybody knew the risk of another injury for Dembele. Why not get this guy in the winter transfer window and give Leganes the chance to replace him?

Andresito

Staff member
Does anybody have any examples of shite-on-paper players who went on to succeed for a big club against all odds?

Paulinho came as a meme and was pretty good for a short period, although he was wank when we needed him the most.

serghei

Does anybody have any examples of shite-on-paper players who went on to succeed for a big club against all odds?

Paulinho came as a meme and was pretty good for a short period, although he was wank when we needed him the most.

Paulinho was pretty good, not wank.

behindbrowneyes

Setién was the one pushing for him so he will get opportunities. He definitely has some qualities and we'll make use of it. Even Boateng looked quite decent when he played for Las Palmas.

He deserves a fair chance and the circumstances of this transfer are not his fault. Abidal and the board are responsible for this mess.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yea, a joke. Everybody knew the risk of another injury for Dembele. Why not get this guy in the winter transfer window and give Leganes the chance to replace him?

Signing itself, as in the player, isn't. Only timing is. And the two are being conflated to much IMO

serghei

Setién was the one pushing for him so he will get opportunities. He definitely has some qualities and we'll make use of it. Even Boateng looked quite decent when he played for Las Palmas.

He deserves a fair chance and the circumstances of this transfer are not his fault. Abidal and the board are responsible for this mess.

How do you know this? Any souce for this bit?

Signing itself, as in the player, isn't. Only timing is. And the two are being conflated to much IMO

Of course. If he was signed in the winter I think the could've been eligible for CL too...

Don't think they are conflated at all. Most of the jokes are related to the release clause of 300m, which is on the board, not the player.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans