Marco Verratti

Professor Chaos

Verratti can do whatever he wants but PSG won't sell him anyway. He could end up on the PSG bench as a punishment but I think he will be back normally and everything is a media bullshit.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's all really speculation now as there are no Verratti quotes. Odds are, he does want to move to Barca and has no problem with Catalan press helping his cause but things will only get serious in July when we'll see if Veratti himself has the balls to stand up and says it. And even then it's a waiting game as PSG will try to pressure him to stay.

behindbrowneyes

Which barcaforum-member has met Verratti in Ibiza?
IMG_7873_Copiar.0.png

barcablaugranes.com wrote:
According to the site Fútbol Pitiuso, a page that focuses on football in Ibiza, Verratti was hanging out at a local “beach club” when a fan spotted him and asked him whether he would play for Barça next season.

“I don’t know” is all the midfielder could say while laughing.

The fan took pictures with the player, which were then uploaded onto the internet.

Coincidentally, Real Madrid player Lucas Vazquez was also there. Apparently, most of the fans were paying attention to the Spaniard, so not many saw Verratti relaxing in a nearby hammock.

The fan waited until he got up to approach him and say hello. He said Verratti was a humble guy and very friendly. "I'm used to seeing elite footballers and they're very arrogant. But Marco is a good person," the fan, identified only as Jorge, said.

The fan showed him his Barcelona tattoo and Verratti was surprised, but he smiled nonetheless. Jorge says that even though Verratti insisted he didn't know if he'd join Barça, “based on his reaction and facial expression, I think he has a great desire to complete his move.”

Icarium

Lifestealer
It's all really speculation now as there are no Verratti quotes. Odds are, he does want to move to Barca and has no problem with Catalan press helping his cause but things will only get serious in July when we'll see if Veratti himself has the balls to stand up and says it. And even then it's a waiting game as PSG will try to pressure him to stay.

I don't think we will get much news for two more weeks, but 1st week of July i expect this transfer to move ahead or break.

Lutece FC

Looking at PSG reddit and French PSG forum, they seem to be leaning towards taking the money as they're growing tired of his attitude and realize that keeping him against his will is counterproductive.

PSG also reportedly close to signing Fabinho and considering signing James.

Verratti should push hard if he want to join us. PSG can live with Fabinho-Rabiot and James as CAM in a 4-2-3-1.

Even in RMC now that Verratti still want to leave

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mercato-verratti-veut-toujours-quitter-le-psg-1189187.html

By Bouhafsi.

All the article from L'Equipe and RMC quote the Gazetta article. Nothing new.

Concering the PSG fans opinion, they are very different. Some people want to take the money the 100 M (we don't need it honestly), other think that we woun't find a replacement and Verratti has still 4 years of contract.

Lutece FC

Verratti can do whatever he wants but PSG won't sell him anyway. He could end up on the PSG bench as a punishment but I think he will be back normally and everything is a media bullshit.

Good analysis.

He will do like Rabiot did 2 years ago. The bench for one month and then underestand that a signed contract is a commitment.

They don't care as he has long contract and sheik will keep him at the club. Nobody cares how that reflects on the club just like everyone laughs at us for loaning for free Tello 2 years in the row to Fiorentina instead of selling him to highest bidder cause. Nobody cares that we were 'honest and good for La Masia graduate', everyone laughs at us for not getting even 7 M of euros for Tello. Fiorentina of course didn't use buy option for Tello, they will loan him in August for free knowing Barcelona stupidity.

As for Verratti transfer, I'll give it 1% chance of happening. I would give 10%, if this was RM not Barca (if Real wants somebody, they pay up). Barca will try to jew the PSG off, Bartomeu will say 'we have delicate financial situation, more than 80M for Verratti is too much, bla bla bla', and PSG will tell us to fuc* off.
100 % true. Barca management will ruin all the chance of this transfer. Do you really imagine Bartomeu put 110 or 120 M€ for Verratti ?

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

I fear so, as well. When he doesn't show up for training or something like that - then there is some suggestions (but again still no guarantee of anything at all).
Before that, it is pure media-talk, and we have seen that 1000 times before, but learned nothing from it, in terms of assessing how possible a transfer is, etc.

BBZ8800

I fear so, as well. When he doesn't show up for training or something like that - then there is some suggestions (but again still no guarantee of anything at all).
Before that, it is pure media-talk, and we have seen that 1000 times before, but learned nothing from it, in terms of assessing how possible a transfer is, etc.

Name a transfer when we were in a similar situation as with Verratti.

Again, Thiago Silva and Marquinos never actively pushed for a transfer.

So, again, name a similar situation with strong flirts and body language hints from both sides, Barca and a player.

This is a true love.

Vilarrubi

So, again, name a similar situation with strong flirts and body language hints from both sides, Barca and a player.

This is a true love.

Correct. Thiago Silva even said "I have a family to feed" because Barca couldn't offer him as higher wage as PSG. He never really wanted to come.

BarçaBarça

This is a true love.

Nolito, who we couldn't afford, although Sport basically confirmed that he was a barca-player, but that fell through.
Ramos to United was also dead-sure not long ago, until he renewed.
And quite frankly I would say Verratti for the past 3 years. I'm not going to do it now, but I'm sure that you can find extensive flirting with Barca/other clubs right before he extended his contract all the 4 times he has done so.

And with Thiago Silva: http://www.marca.com/2013/07/07/en/football/barcelona/1373183085.html
The media always makes a huge thing out of nothing. I want to see him quit training for a whole week or two before I see any attempt. Holding a newspaper is seen before.

And actually: "This is a true love" - oh I'm sure Nasser understands that he should give up on his billion dollar project and be satisfied with no CL-ambitions, then? Thiago Silva and Marquinhos is great examples that PSG will do whatever it takes money-wise to convince their players to stay.

So I'll be back and acknowledge that there is a chance, when he hasn't been training in the startup and goes publicly out and says that PSG is holding him prisoner, that he will score a lot of owngoals if he is in the starting-11, and that he would help Barca pay the money to leave.

We have to learn from the Thiago Silva-saga, even IF this is different: We ended up with Song as CB and had a permanent problem with CB-position because we were too focused on 1 target. Now our midfield is in disarray, and we simply can't risk that the same happens again.
All that said we don't know shit - maybe Robert presents a midfielder 1st of july, and the whole thing was a smokescreen - the media didn't guess our targets previous summer, so why now?

Last edited:

BBZ8800

BarcaBarca, we never wanted Nolito too much.
We were lukewarm.

Ramos wasn't going to a bigger club.
That would have been a step down, going from RM to anywhere else.

Thiago Silva never really was in love with us.
We only wanted him.

Verratti in the past 2-3 years wasn't the same.
We wanted him, and he never said that he wanted to come and he never made some strong hints or steps.

So again, Barca and Verratti this time, a totally different story than all these cases above.

This is a true two-sided love, mate.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thiago Silva wanted to join us when he was at Milan, but we never tried to sign him back then, and at PSG he didn't want to force his way out and PSG would never sell. That's when Rosell spoke like a retard in his infamous media interview.

How this all progresses depends on what Verratti is willing to do to force PSG's hand.

Lutece FC

Thiago Silva wanted to join us when he was at Milan, but we never tried to sign him back then, and at PSG he didn't want to force his way out and PSG would never sell. That's when Rosell spoke like a retard in his infamous media interview.

How this all progresses depends on what Verratti is willing to do to force PSG's hand.

To force what ? HE HAS A CONTRACT. HE SIGNED AN EXTENSION LAST YEAR.... Isn't clear He can't move whitout the agreement of the club. And Nasser was clear.

Home of Barca Fans