Marco Verratti

Força Barça

What exactly is so special that Qataris have to be so proud of themselves? I'm all ears. Maybe that guy in charge of PSG is vain or something, pride is the wrong word.

Would be very funny if on top of 6-1 we managed to take their best player from them in space of few months. :lol:

and that in itself would speak volumes and would be almost as crushing as that 6-1 victory or loss, in their case.

xXKonan

That 6-1 loss is to PSG is what the 1-1 Stamford bridge result in 2009 is to Chelsea fans.

You will never hear the end of it. both sets of fans think the refs rigged the games for us to advance. :papaperez:

Last edited:

Neymessi

People who consider this to the marquinhos/silva saga don't understand the situation. They both were not pushing PSG for a transfer, only we were. This time verratti seems to be doing all in his power to force a move so I don't care if we persistently spend all summer chasing him because this time we have a realistic chance.

mssarm

they can take him out of the squad until 2021 he will be 29 in that moment.

They can destroy Veratti's career,but they will lose 100 Million in capital, they will have demotivated team for God knows how many years, it will put them in really ugly place where PSG is perceived as slave drivers. No young talent will ever go there and whoever goes there will be automatically labeled "no ambition, just here for money". If anything this will be Nasser's funeral at PSG project. Don't make mistake thinking this is the same as Thiago Silva saga.. nothing like that. As many news outlets are writing today Veratti wants out, he doesn't want money or better terms: he just said I will not return to Paris. Let's Nasser play a hard ass and see what will happen. He is not in Qatar and he needs to remember that.

Last edited:

mssarm

The Qataris have more important things to deal with at the moment. The blockade by the other Gulf countries is probably upper most in their minds and when that's resolved they will tell VERRATTI to either come back or rot on the bench.

If VERRATTI is really stubborn this could get messy and expensive for us.

I really think we should deal with PSG in a different way. They're a club with huge financial clout. Why alienate them? This board is stupid.

Are you Barca fan, Qatari patriot or Nasser loyalist or all above?

Butaan4barca

The only thing left for PSG is to make this transfer harder is to put an un realistic price tag on him or asking for first options on any of our player. Other wise look at the similar story: alexis sanchez to City. Pretty similar , but thats almost a done deal as arsenal know there is nothing much they can do if a player wants to join another team and city were quick to capitalize on the situation.

fergus90

From PSG's standpoint I'd actually sell him. His desire to play for PSG has clearly gone, and not only that despite them having a poor season, they do have several very good players. A midfield of Rabiot, Matuidi, Motta plus £100 million to spend on reinforcements whilst getting rid of a wantaway player(no matter how quality he is) wouldn't set the "project" back to the start in my opinion.
I think its going to be a long drawn-out saga but ultimately he'll end up at the Camp Nou for the start of the season.

Home of Barca Fans