Marco Verratti

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I agree completely - Verratti is probably the closest thing to the perfect solution for our current midfield problems.
What I'm objecting against, is putting players on pedestals like that. Some people did it with Pogba last summer (or was it the one prior to that?) as well, and real life usually doesn't work out like that.

Anyhow, the point is moot in either case, as Verratti isn't coming.

Yea lol but he is a pretty awesome player, and though there are a lot of awesome players out there few scream out "barca" like he does, because of his style and on top of that the fact we are in dire need of someone like him, so the fanboyism is doubly warranted. But yea he isn't the next coming of D10S. Just a vital piece of the puzzle we're missing, and don't be so pessimistic when it comes to PSG :roberto: anything can happen

khaled_a_d

I still refuse to believe those rumors but it is June and we don't announce deals before July anyway.
So no problem the club inquiring about him atm

Even if he wants out we will not get him easily. There will be Bayern, Chelsea, Juve and also Real Madrid ( having sold James) who will also pursue him and also other top teams. I imagine he'll demand a huge salary, witch we can't really afford with the new Messi deal and possibly Iniesta. We'll need to sell some big earners lile Masche or Rakitic.

First 3 can't compete with us financially,3rd team has no use of him with Kroos there. He probably knows we are the best fit for a team that can afford him while being able to compete for CL

That wouldn't be surprising.. He is injury prone..

I knew he had injuries here and there but fuck,he only played 30 league games in his career once :neutral:

If he seriously wants out, throw 150m at PSG if necessary. After Pogba, I would be incredibly surprised to see him go for any less than 120.

Pogba seemed to have more market value for some reason than Verratti. Probably being able to play in CL final,winning a more meaningful Calcio and having a better agent helps your value. Never mind he had success with NT too

behindbrowneyes

sport-english:
The Italian midfielder, if there's no change of plan, will spend time on the island of Ibiza, as he usually does, and Barça will take advantage of his location to try to push through a deal. It would not be the first time Barça meet with Verratti in Formentera: last year, Ariedo Braida was seen with the PSG star.

sport-english:
Leo Messi heads to Ibiza and delays signing of new Barça contract

Messi again on a mission. :coffee:
First it was Disneyland, now Ibiza. Barça playing the psychological game. Players of us running into Verratti and only seeing them is enough for Verratti to be remembered of the 6-1. Joining Barça is the only way for Verratti to close this bittersweet chapter of his life. :welcome:

Messi983

The man is digging for a serious raise I guess.

That's my opinion too but if rumoured numbers in some of previous tweets are true I don't know what to think anymore.

After he renewed his contract almost every year since he's been in Paris he's still only paid €6M/year. And now they were willing to pay him €15M two weeks ago (that would be 250% raise and even with PSG I just don't see that happening) and he rejected them and is willing to accept our offer for €10M/year.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Pogba seemed to have more market value for some reason than Verratti. Probably being able to play in CL final,winning a more meaningful Calcio and having a better agent helps your value. Never mind he had success with NT too
Star quality too. Verratti is a "quite midfielder" ala xavi, busi, even iniesta. These players are known for their mastery of the game, and gain their notoriety that way- Pogba is a differnt case, crowd pleaser, eccentric, skills, fancy goals, etc.

GetIn

This morning PSG's new director Antero met with Marco Verratti's agent Donato Di Campli in Milano. The Italian midfielder wants to leave to join Barcelona, a concept that was reiterated by De Campli's in today's meeting, but PSG have no intention of selling Verratti, they want to offer him an extension instead. But financial figures weren't even discussed as the former Pescara midfielder wants new motivations, now PSG will meet with the player directly to get a sense of his state of mind. In the end today's meeting didn't go as PSG had hoped.

Looking good for us so far.

behindbrowneyes

That's my opinion too but if rumoured numbers in some of previous tweets are true I don't know what to think anymore.

After he renewed his contract almost every year since he's been in Paris he's still only paid €6M/year. And now they were willing to pay him €15M two weeks ago (that would be 250% raise and even with PSG I just don't see that happening) and he rejected them and is willing to accept our offer for €10M/year.

I'm not really optimistic because I still can't believe it.

On the other hand, even if Verratti has a long-term contract: When a player breathes the wish to leave his club you can offer him more money and hope that he takes it. When the player isn't interested in your new offer and talks about his desire to leave for a new challenge there isn't much you can do against it. Sure, the player still has a long-term contract with you but his head is somewhere else. That's like a man that is married to a woman but is attracted to another one that wants him too.
Basically you can somehow force him to stay, but he won't be there with his heart anymore.

GetIn

[tw]874224712494321668[/tw]

Translation: Verratti in Milan according to Di Marzio. Verratti agent would have told him that the player wants to go out. PSG want to renew.

Messi983

giphy.gif

Raketa10

O how disappointed we will all be when he renews again next month. Chance that he will come are basically 1%

We are hoping for Verratti and Dembele but we might end up with Seri and Deulofeu :lol:

Home of Barca Fans