Marc Cucurella

Zidane82

Will be interesting to see if the stubborn Lucho will budge on his Alba/Alonso LB selection for the NT until Qatar. Surely a 60m rated player should take a spot ahead of at least Alonso for Spain. So far he has 0 call-ups with likes of Gaya and Reguilon being preferred until now.

Maybe the rumours about is bidding om Cucurella are just a lever to get Chelsea to sell Alonso to us

ajnotkeith

55m fixed plus 7m add ons for Cucurella.

62m...? That is absolutely crazy.

Meanwhile all the B team and fringe players of this season are going for free with sellon clauses. I get Cucu is probably more talented than all of them but I struggle to believe he took that big of a step forward after his time here to increase that much in value. Sold for 10m GBP to Getafe and after being at Brighton for a short time has skyrocketed to 62m.

We are terrible at selling our surplus players. We need to try a different strategy with these fringe players to increase their value, maybe loaning to English clubs or learning from Madrid and how they sell their Castilla players.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Meanwhile all the B team and fringe players of this season are going for free with sellon clauses. I get Cucu is probably more talented than all of them but I struggle to believe he took that big of a step forward after his time here to increase that much in value. Sold for 10m GBP to Getafe and after being at Brighton for a short time has skyrocketed to 62m.

We are terrible at selling our surplus players. We need to try a different strategy with these fringe players to increase their value, maybe loaning to English clubs or learning from Madrid and how they sell their Castilla players.

😂 He is a 20 million player at best. Market is just insane. You are right though. We have never ever sold a player for a good price.

khaled_a_d

The key is to not allow those players to "fail" in 1st team.
Whether Barca or RM, it is same case. Once a player look like he doesn't cut it in our first team he lises his value.
When that player do well somewhere else, or get sold while still B team player (e.g Marlon, Jutgla & Konrad)

MTL_Barca

PL tax taken to the extreme. Tbh even looking back i don't think selling for 10M was necessarily bad, he most likely wouldn't have played much for us with Alba starting most games and then it took him 2 other clubs to get to this point.

Sometimes this will just happen, can't really do much about it unless club would never sell any talented player but in the long run we'd probably lose out on a lot of money that way. Permanent moves are also different to loans, so that probably wouldn't have worked out the same way.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Another L by the board.

In Getafe he was showing that he can be good player.

We sold him, but kept Puig, this guy wjo is RW and shit and some others...

Andresito

Staff member
Official. 55m plus 7m add-ons. GBP that is. Equals a total of 73.5m Euros. Holy shit.

FZZNOvMWIAE0otB

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I honestly think he's a 30ME player... maybe 40ME at best.

I haven't followed him much recently, but watched some videos and he looks pretty much like the same player he was in Spain. His overall quality just doesn't strike me as top-class.

feggydinho

Another L by the board.

In Getafe he was showing that he can be good player.

We sold him, but kept Puig, this guy wjo is RW and shit and some others...

Alba would still have played over him, so it was a great decision for him to leave. He's good, but not up to Alba

Home of Barca Fans