Marc Bartra

Stric

Bartra is a great player but he needs to think about his own career. I know he loves Barca with all of his heart but if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. He would be a very solid CB for clubs like Valencia, Bilbao, etc.

That's the most logical thing to think and we all say that for most homegrown players who struggle to get playing time here, but then again, I might be wrong but at this moment I can't think of one recent example where a youngster "reject" left FCB and went on to become a solid player (let alone a starter) for another Primera club. Everyone I can think of now struggled with loan after loan and never made a starting lineup.

Maybe JDS?

I don't know, maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. But I've become skeptical to this "leaving FCB and becoming a starter in a mid-table Primera team" theory. Montoya was the perfect example, and we see how that turned out for him.

khaled_a_d

That's the most logical thing to think and we all say that for most homegrown players who struggle to get playing time here, but then again, I might be wrong but at this moment I can't think of one recent example where a youngster "reject" left FCB and went on to become a solid player (let alone a starter) for another Primera club. Everyone I can think of now struggled with loan after loan and never made a starting lineup.

Maybe JDS?

I don't know, maybe I'm just not paying enough attention. But I've become skeptical to this "leaving FCB and becoming a starter in a mid-table Primera team" theory. Montoya was the perfect example, and we see how that turned out for him.

JDS is a prime example for that for sure.but how many Barca home grown player who struggled here moved to Liga club anyway? Montoya for now is doing fine btw,his club likes him and wants him to stay.Cuenca is getting playing time now along Rochina .
I mean when you think about it you will find that most youth reject moved outside of Spain. some got decent success or had struggles 1st then turned out good (Nolito,Tello,Bojan,Soriano,GDS,Fontas b4 Achilles) .Sergi Gómez & Planas doing fine too

F

Flavia

[tw]735105860624605184[/tw]

Good for him. Hopefully he chooses a good team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He deserved more playing time. Last time he played he was great but only got in the starting 11 as Lucho literally had no choice but to play him.

One of the things I dislike about our manager and I maintain similar thing happened with Roberto who only got to prove his worth because there was noone else fit to play.

Trickykid

I'm kind of excited to follow him where ever he ends up. Kid has some obvious strenghts that should come in handy. If he can iron out his flaws, he could still end up a good center back.

Lomar1o

had he left earlier he would've been called a traitor, but he sacrificed time and patience for nothing. im sorry. i wish bartra all the best

F

Flavia

He deserved more playing time. Last time he played he was great but only got in the starting 11 as Lucho literally had no choice but to play him.

One of the things I dislike about our manager and I maintain similar thing happened with Roberto who only got to prove his worth because there was noone else fit to play.

I think what happened to Roberto is actually quite telling about Bartra. Roberto proved his worth. Bartra didn't, under 4 different coaches. I don't think there's no one else to blame. He's just not good enough for Barça, and not better than Mathieu either. He still makes a lot of mistakes.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
You need to be a real 1 in a million talent to make your mark in a top team.
Bartra had his chance during the unlucky 13 season but instead he got bossed around in the defence by bayern.
Bartra is just not 1 in a million talent.

khaled_a_d

I think what happened to Roberto is actually quite telling about Bartra. Roberto proved his worth. Bartra didn't, under 4 different coaches. I don't think there's no one else to blame. He's just not good enough for Barça, and not better than Mathieu either. He still makes a lot of mistakes.

Also Roberto himself said that Lucho told him at the end of last season that he will play RB and actually used him in that position since the pre-season.and even last year Lucho played him as DM a lot and he was doing fine.
Bartra is a nice player and surely a likable guy.but as you said this on him not on the coach.

God Serena

Mathieu is the most mistake prone defender we have I'd say. He just plays a lot more. These are example numbers, but you're looking at 5 mistakes Bartra may make in 10 games, and are comparing it to 10 mistakes Mathieu might make in 30. Those numbers would say Bartra makes mistakes in half his games while Mathiu is more like 33%, but that opinion completely discounts the value of consistent or even semi-consistent gametime or the scenario in which the mistakes are made. Mathieu ducking on a corner kick and directly causing his keeper to concede near post is certainly more egregious than Bartra mistiming a tackle that leads to a shot on target.

And I actually share your opinion that Bartra isn't good enough. I just think we should try to be fair in our assessments of him.

El Flaco

To be fair to Bartra, he was still quite young when Pep, Tito and Tata were here.

And let's not forget that Mascherano, Piqué and Puyol were ahead of him.

Bartra is Spain's first choice of back-up if Piqué or Ramos can't play despite getting little playing time with us.

Home of Barca Fans