Marc Bartra

barcanuck

Well, if Bartra is good enough to play vs. Depor away, he is perfectly capable of playing half of our matches.

In conclusion, Bartra deserved more minutes.

Even if it's not Bartra getting those minutes, the fact is Pique and Masche needed rest. Especially Masche having comeback from South America. Masche for example has played every single minute since the international break. I would of rested him against Sociedad for sure a game we lost anyway.

J

Jamie Cal

Masch has been far and away our best performer the last month. Cannot risk dropping him.

Barcilliant

He is a backup and nothing else.

Decent at best against lower level teams but sucks in the big matches.

Whenever he has a decent match people go on like he's the second coming of Beckenbauer.

anguy

He is a backup and nothing else.

Decent at best against lower level teams but sucks in the big matches.

Whenever he has a decent match people go on like he's the second coming of Beckenbauer.

CBs need consistent playing time to perform well, even experienced ones. No wonder Bartra sometimes looks nervous, when he has almost zero match practice!

Lomar1o

i to this day still believe in bartra, more than i do in aleix vidal or arda turan at succeeding here. i'll be glad if he stays and gets more minutes. bartra our summer cb signing? im ok with that xD

BarçaBarça

Sport says his buy-out is 50 M. € now. That is really good news if true - would be much easier to negotiate a reasonable price this summer + I think there will be clubs who want to give it a try with a Barca-backup.

khaled_a_d

Sport says his buy-out is 50 M. € now. That is really good news if true - would be much easier to negotiate a reasonable price this summer + I think there will be clubs who want to give it a try with a Barca-backup.

IIRC it is normally 50M ,unless he played less than a certain amount of minutes during the season it drops to 12M .
In such case ,Bartra buyout could drop by the end of the year again .not so sure though

BarçaBarça

IIRC it is normally 50M ,unless he played less than a certain amount of minutes during the season it drops to 12M .
In such case ,Bartra buyout could drop by the end of the year again .not so sure though

That would make sense. MD says it is 12M today, and he has not played a lot this season, so it probably works the way you describe it :)
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Marc Bartra (25) stays next season, Barcelona will have to renew his contract, as current deal - with 12M buyout - expires in 2017. [md]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/725185239862136833">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Messi983

His buyout really isn't that important. His contract is up next year, he didn't play much and his value is low because of that, so we wouldn't get much more than rumoured 12M even if his clause would be higher.

we killed this potentially great squad defender to give room to verma .. the brain may find it hard to process this idea

I've never liked Vermaelen's transfer but he did in no way influence on Bartra's career here. When we buy him Bartra was already 23 and he didn't play a lot for 3 coaches before Lucho. His progress was already stalled at that time. Also, Vermaelen was injured for all of last season and he also didn't play much this season, so there was enough time for Bartra to convince Lucho. I always liked Bartra and wish him the best but we can't blame Vermaelen or anything other than Bartra himself for him not being successful here. He's just not good enough to be anything more than maybe our 4th/5th CB. If he's willing to accept that role for another season then it's ok with me (but in that case he needs to renew his contract, so he won't leave for free next summer) but it's probably the best for him to leave and be a starter in some good La Liga or EPL team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If you accept Bartra as 4th choice or a player that can jump in like vs. Depor then there isn't a better player out there than him.
He loves the club, is a home player and accepts being on the bench.

Messi983

Yes, but he'd probably still be our 5th option after Pique, Masche, new CB and Mathieu.

If he stays, I'd make him a primary replacement for Pique. Play him in easier home games in La Liga (around 10-12 starts) and in group stage of CL (2 or 3 starts). Then rotate Masche, Mathieu and whoever we bring in as LCB. I'd also prefer Bartra to get some chances off the bench over Mathieu (I usually like him when he starts, but he was never really good when he was subbed on in second half).

If we buy Bailly, who I prefer over the likes of Marquinhos and Laporte, we'd be without him in January and start of February because of ACN so Bartra could play almost all CDR games as well.

Of course that's just "ideal" scenario and I doubt Lucho really thinks that way or trust Bartra that much.

Home of Barca Fans