Marc Bartra

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Hopefully they don't make the same mistake. A guy can be patient for a certain amount of time before he breaks. He had to play against elche pique was suspended verm was injured , yet he was somehow warming the bench in the first half. As some other people said , if he doesn't get a fair chance here , he might as well go to another club for that chance. A talented player like him can't go to waste.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Hopefully they don't make the same mistake. A guy can be patient for a certain amount of time before he breaks. He had to play against elche pique was suspended verm was injured , yet he was somehow warming the bench in the first half. As some other people said , if he doesn't get a fair chance here , he might as well go to another club for that chance. A talented player like him can't go to waste.

Talented players are more than welcome to warm our bench. :)

Galning

Every single time a certain player doesn't play someone comes out of his cave to claim stuff like: "Coach X and Y didn't play him so he must be bad". Such flawed logic. Both Tito and Tata weren't good enough to coach Barça so I personally don't value their point of view a lot. Luckily I've seen enough of BBZ's posts to not get into that discussion. You bring up Fàbregas but everybody plus their dog saw that Fàbregas was crap, besides the people that base their opinion on whoscored stats and Youtube compilation videos. Bartra on the other hand has always been good. Better than Mascherano last season, and from what we've seen from Mathieu in his first two games: better than him as well. This is all a personal opinion of course, but it looks like most people on the forum agree. And let's just assume that people here watch Barça every game so they at least know what they're talking about.

If we are to make an assumption as of why Luis Enrique didn't play Bartra in the first games even though some centre backs were unavailable I think it's better to narrow it down to the fact that he already had to play a lot of young players as well as new guys who haven't gelled with the regulars yet so I think he decided to go with experience in defence to cover for the youthful mistakes up front and the potential rustiness in midfield. Not just because "Bartra isn't good enough".

Every single time a certain player doesn't play someone comes out of his cave to claim stuff like: "Coach X and Y didn't play him so he must be bad". Such flawed logic. Both Tito and Tata weren't good enough to coach Barça so I personally don't value their point of view a lot. Luckily I've seen enough of BBZ's posts to not get into that discussion. You bring up Fàbregas but everybody plus their dog saw that Fàbregas was crap, besides the people that base their opinion on whoscored stats and Youtube compilation videos. Bartra on the other hand has always been good. Better than Mascherano last season, and from what we've seen from Mathieu in his first two games: better than him as well. This is all a personal opinion of course, but it looks like most people on the forum agree. And let's just assume that people here watch Barça every game so they at least know what they're talking about.

If we are to make an assumption as of why Luis Enrique didn't play Bartra in the first games even though some centre backs were unavailable I think it's better to narrow it down to the fact that he already had to play a lot of young players as well as new guys who haven't gelled with the regulars yet so I think he decided to go with experience in defence to cover for the youthful mistakes up front and the potential rustiness in midfield. Not just because "Bartra isn't good enough".

+1. Just because a coach does something doesn't mean it is right. This even applies to top coaches, but especially coaches like Tito and Tata, who weren't that good. As far as I'm concerned, saying "but Tito and Tata did X" to support your argument isn't all that different from supporting it with "but Moyes did X". They were better coaches than Moyes, but it's the same idea.

I'm not just talking about Bartra here. Coach's decision =/= right decision. There's a reason coaches get fired all the time. There's a reason we let Tata go as soon as the season ended.

Carlo Ancelotti, the guy who won 3 CLs, made a lot of mistakes last season and even started a midfield trio of 3 AMs a couple of days ago (not to mention starting a finished Casillas over the guy who was La Liga's best GK last season). Even Pep has made mistakes, like when he fucked up against RM last season. Is it so hard to believe that maybe, just maybe, Tata and/or Tito (the guy who used Adriano and even Song at CB) were wrong about something? :lol:

I'm gonna give Lucho the benefit of a doubt on the Bartra issue though. He is trusting of youngsters, after all.

Last edited:

serghei

He needs to play. If he's not gonna get at least 90 min from the next home games, vs. Bilbao and APOEL, I'll be furious. I don't think we'll see him against the basques, but with APOEL it's the perfect game to give him minutes.

I

instinct

Sell himmm now because he doesn't get minutessss. Shit lucho, shit board, our image will be ruined, where exactly are we doing our scouting?!?!??!

jk

Don't know why he was left out but I expect him to get many minutes in the CL game. Bilbao is one of the toughest opponents and maybe Lucho wants to have experience. He knows the players and how they train and how they feel and we should support his decision since we don't know what's going on.

FR_Ramon

Sell himmm now because he doesn't get minutessss. Shit lucho, shit board, our image will be ruined, where exactly are we doing our scouting?!?!??!

jk

Don't know why he was left out but I expect him to get many minutes in the CL game. Bilbao is one of the toughest opponents and maybe Lucho wants to have experience. He knows the players and how they train and how they feel and we should support his decision since we don't know what's going on.

I think it has something to do with masch, cause he can act as cover to both cb and dm. And yeah, I hope Marc will play in the cl, but Bilbao is as you say a very tough opponent, beter not to take any risks and just let him play the 90 mins against Apoel.

Xavinho

Well, with Alves and Douglas not in the squad, it's almost certain Montoya will be at RB. Maybe Lucho didn't want to face Athletic with two relatively young players in Bartra and Martin playing in defence.

I am disappointed he's not in the squad though.

Home of Barca Fans