Manuel Neuer

Gnidrologist

He still gets nowhere near the pressure than likes of De Gea, who has to constantly bail out MU's amateurish defense. Wolfsburg, Genoa and M'Blahblah also don't sound like defensive powerhouses. What are the percentages/saves-per-shot for Barca keepers?

L

linetty

U cant compare because neuer saves alot counter attacks. De gea has a weak defense but saves shots direct to him.
When reading hamad's posts:

mind-blown-2.gif

No hard feelings ;)

Yannik

He still gets nowhere near the pressure than likes of De Gea, who has to constantly bail out MU's amateurish defense. Wolfsburg, Genoa and M'Blahblah also don't sound like defensive powerhouses. What are the percentages/saves-per-shot for Barca keepers?

exactly, but they have a higher percentage, yet not De Gea's hype.

U cant compare because neuer saves alot counter attacks. De gea has a weak defense but saves shots direct to him.

well yes, Neuer has the harder job, but 20% more on save percentage on De Gea and more than 10% on ANY keeper around.. Thats quite a lot.

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Lol, Neuer dominates all the goalkeepers. He makes saves other goalkeepers cant even dream of.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Jetzt antwortete Casillas bei "Cadena Cope": "Es ist mir egal, was Alonso sagt. Jeder hat seine Meinung. In den letzten Jahren war unser Verhältnis ohnehin nicht besonders, aber so ist das eben. Mit manchen Mitspielern kommt man gut aus und mit manchen weniger gut. Es gibt Leute, die Alonsos Verhalten loben, aber das macht nichts. Wenn er diese Meinung hat - ich habe eine andere."

So apparently Casillas is pissed about Alonso saying that Neuer ist the best goalkeeper he ever played with. :D :D
"I don't care what Alonso says. To each his own opinion. In the last couple of years, our relationship hasn't been noteworthy anyways, but that's just how it is. With some players you get along just fine and with some other not so much. There are people who praise Alonso for his behavior, but that's okay. If he's of that opinion - I got a different one.

So he actually believes he is/was better than Neuer right now. Is he just delusional? Even in terms of classical goalkeeping, he was not as great as Kahn or Buffon at their best. How can he honestly believe he is/was better than the best of the new breed?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I forgot to mention... Neuer has just recently been named best goalkeeper of the year.

Alik

So apparently Casillas is pissed about Alonso saying that Neuer ist the best goalkeeper he ever played with. :D :D
"I don't care what Alonso says. To each his own opinion. In the last couple of years, our relationship hasn't been noteworthy anyways, but that's just how it is. With some players you get along just fine and with some other not so much. There are people who praise Alonso for his behavior, but that's okay. If he's of that opinion - I got a different one.

So he actually believes he is/was better than Neuer right now. Is he just delusional? Even in terms of classical goalkeeping, he was not as great as Kahn or Buffon at their best. How can he honestly believe he is/was better than the best of the new breed?

Casillas on top form was formidable. Obviously he's nowhere near as good now, but it's not too far-fetched to think he was better than Neuer is now. Especially since it's him talking, so he will be confident in himself.

Hummelsbauer

It's far fetched. He just never was on that level. Very incomplete goal keeper, IMO. He got so much credit due to him being the Real Madrid favorite and being on the best Spain team ever.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Casillas on top form was formidable. Obviously he's nowhere near as good now, but it's not too far-fetched to think he was better than Neuer is now. Especially since it's him talking, so he will be confident in himself.

In terms of shot-stopping and reading his opponent, Casillas on top form was something else. However, he has always been a liability on setpieces. Just because of that, I think Neuer nicks it when you compare their ability at their peaks.

Home of Barca Fans