Man of the Match 13/14 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMKa

Busquets
Neymar
Messi

Iniesta missed ball too many times to get 3rd place, although the assist was inmessionante.

Eilis

1. Busquets - a rock, once again
2. Alba - defended his socks off, ran like a rocket all game long, workrate and reading of the game top notch
3. Bartra - to step up like he did under such difficult circumstances and play so well all game long shows great mental and strength of character

Honorable mentions to Iniesta and to the whole defense in general

barcanuck

1. Iniesta - donned it up on the left and middle creating a sick goal for NeyBoy and had some big chances.

2. Neymar - dribbled his way past players or through them drawing fouls all day and finished our only goal.

3. Bartra - big game replacing injured Pique early made him shine. He was boss material !

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Busquets - top quality throughout the game, calm and collected with the ball and perfectly positioned without it
Iniesta - our most dangerous player in attack
Alba - stopped several attacks thanks to his pace and helped up front too

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award - 13/14 Edition
Atletico Madrid, Champions League at home (1-1)

1. Iniesta (46,9%) donned it up on the left and middle creating a sick goal for NeyBoy and had some big chances ~ barcanuck
2. Busquets (23,3%) top quality throughout the game, calm and collected with the ball and perfectly positioned without it ~ Deco 20
3. Neymar (17,7%) improved immensely after moving to LW, great shot to keep us in the tie. Couldn't have picked a better time to finally play well ~ darthvader7888

1gos4j.jpg

Ursegor

World Champion
It's interesting that Iniesta was perceived to be playing his worst season ever up until a few weeks ago whereas Fabregas was perceived to be playing the season of his life / "finally adapted" / "Tata's direct approach" etc. etc. etc. Yet at the same time Iniesta has already surpassed Fabregas, particularly with "peak" (gold) performances where he trumps Cesc by far. Would be even more interesting to see a graphic where only La Liga top 5 and CL knockout rounds are considered ("big games").

Trickykid

It's interesting that Iniesta was perceived to be playing his worst season ever up until a few weeks ago whereas Fabregas was perceived to be playing the season of his life / "finally adapted" / "Tata's direct approach" etc. etc. etc. Yet at the same time Iniesta has already surpassed Fabregas, particularly with "peak" (gold) performances where he trumps Cesc by far. Would be even more interesting to see a graphic where only La Liga top 5 and CL knockout rounds are considered ("big games").

If I have time tonight, I'll see if I can whip up those stats for you. Who would you consider at the top 5 in LL? Barca, RM, AM, Bilbao, Sevilla?

Ursegor

World Champion
If I have time tonight, I'll see if I can whip up those stats for you. Who would you consider at the top 5 in LL? Barca, RM, AM, Bilbao, Sevilla?

If it isn't too much work for you that would be cool, cheers. :)

Yeah, Barca, AM, RM, Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla would be the top 5. I would add Real Sociedad as well otherwise it's only 4 opponents (Barca itself shouldn't be considered as we don't play against ourselves obviously :lol:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans