Maicon

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'm surprised we don't have a thread for this guy. ahead of Dani Alves in the national team and in my opinion the best right back in the world. Strong, fast, creative you name it this guy has it all.

Won't be headed to barca as we already have Alves but certainly a quality player. I was wondering how he is getting on at Inter?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
As much as I love those forward runs of Alves, I hate it when he leaves our defense open. With Maicon you won't have that problem, he balances his runs with very goo tackles & uses his physical presence to the maximum. And to top it he's got a world class finish!!
"Best RB in the world" PERIOD

Aasim

Bumbleman
He is very good but it depends what we need for the team. If you want a more attacking RB, go for Alves. If you want a more solid, defensive RB go for Maicon. If you want a horse go for Ramos.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
In some big games Maicon has been exposed and has played some terrible games but I think argued with Meta about him before. I will still hold down my opinion that he is the best right back in the world playing in the worst big team in the world behind Liverpool. Thing is though, I would love to see him in a more attacking formation, where he has less coverage like Alves.

While Alves is a lot better running into space, Maicon is a play maker from his right back position.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I need to see this guy more tbh I thought all RBs began and ended with Dani Alves.

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I need o see this guy more tbh I thought all RBs began and ended with Dani Alves.

That was true for me as well a while ago, when i couldnt understand how Alves doesnt make the regular RB for Brazil. I started watching Maicon ... and i figured out ;)

mobster_1930

Maicon is pure class. Alves is more energetic, but Maicon passes and ability to read game are miles ahead of Alves's.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
While Alves is a lot better running into space, Maicon is a play maker from his right back position.

tbh I'd argue the reverse is more applicable.

maicon's runs where he one-two's his way into goalscoring positions are wonderous.

but really they're both playmakers.

dani showed it more at sevilla because their midfield wasn't as creative so he had to do more. at barca there's not as much burden on him to do that so he's not as integral.

if maicon had the fortune of playing for a team with a system like us you'd see less of his playmaking.

they're both magnificent, though. maicon isn't really that much more defensively solid than dani, tbh.

which of the two you want... well...

FerrariF50Barchetta-L.jpg

ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-eleonora.jpg

which of these two cars do you prefer?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
certainly more solid than alves but I do agree he would have less of an impact in our system...

B

blueduck

Has he been linked with Barca? Or are you just discussing him for the sake of it?

B

blueduck

Oh I know and in case you didn't know, I'm a City fan.

Why don't you make a thread for every half-decent player in the world?

Home of Barca Fans