Luis Enrique

Horatio

You're welcome
Bum started Madrid's dominance

Yep. He did technically. Not a single one of his transfers worked out post 2014/2015. Didn't plan well towards our future. Should've recognized pace is an issue.

I do feel he has improved overall as manager since departure from Barca.

iniestaGOAT

Only reason Madrid won 3 in a row is cause they manged to avoid barcelona all three years.

Lucho humbled both the madrid teams domesically

Jadentheman

Agreed. Madrid had easy paths to the final. And it always helped that Atletico Madrid was always the final opponent in most cases for them to run all over them to the trophy.

Also interesting That when Real faced Atletico in the final, that same Atletico always managed to beat Bar?a at the time.
I liked Lucho’s football. I feel like the transfers weren’t 100% his fault but rather corruption of the board at the time.

Messigician

Agreed. Madrid had easy paths to the final. And it always helped that Atletico Madrid was always the final opponent in most cases for them to run all over them to the trophy.

Also interesting That when Real faced Atletico in the final, that same Atletico always managed to beat Bar?a at the time.
I liked Lucho?s football. I feel like the transfers weren?t 100% his fault but rather corruption of the board at the time.

Can't help delusions

bismp

We only have ourselves to blame.

We had a fantastic and relatively young team after winning the treble in 2015.

We were really mediocre against Atletico in 2016 and knocked out. The thing is that we completely dominated them domestically with Lucho as manager, but still they comfortably knocked us out in the CL.

Then despite completing the comeback of the century against PSG in 2017, we were dominated again against Juventus the very next round. We did not even manage to score 1 goal in 180’, despite having prime MSN.

Laplacian

We did a terrible job of replacing the midfield. This is not hindsight, even back then people were begging the midfield to be replaced. Rakitic and Busquets should have been squad options by 2016. 2017 at the latest. MSN was fine and still capable of wiping most teams on a regular basis, problem is we had no outlet to control the games because of our midfield.

The management for the post 2015 years was simply shambolic, not only for our inability to consolidate our success but for squandering the prime years of the club's best player in history ever. Another Messi will definitely show up in the world football in the near future, however we will never have another Messi coming out of the academy ever again. This is like finding Napoleon and Alexander the Great and relegating them to a desk job instead of the battlefield. We completely botched it. We're never having another Messi again.

3 UCLs, 8 or so league titles is great but its frustrating because it could've been so much more if our board was competent.

MTL_Barca

We did a terrible job of replacing the midfield. This is not hindsight, even back then people were begging the midfield to be replaced. Rakitic and Busquets should have been squad options by 2016. 2017 at the latest. MSN was fine and still capable of wiping most teams on a regular basis, problem is we had no outlet to control the games because of our midfield.

The management for the post 2015 years was simply shambolic, not only for our inability to consolidate our success but for squandering the prime years of the club's best player in history ever. Another Messi will definitely show up in the world football in the near future, however we will never have another Messi coming out of the academy ever again. This is like finding Napoleon and Alexander the Great and relegating them to a desk job instead of the battlefield. We completely botched it. We're never having another Messi again.

Yeah, just have to look at the transfers at the time. The club tried, but just failed horribly.

Signing Arda and Gomes for the midfield hurt the team so much, even just one successful transfer there could've made the transition so much smoother. Didn't get much better after that as well especially with Coutinho as final Iniesta replacement but by that time the damage was already done anyway.

Windhook

I have this thought that the more Barca kids Lucho calls up to Spain WC squad, the more our club will benefit as experience. Pedri and Gavi are there for sure, not even mentioning Ferran, Eric or grandpas Busi and Alba. But if Ansu and Balde make it and take part in Qatar could really boost their morale.

soul24rage

I have this thought that the more Barca kids Lucho calls up to Spain WC squad, the more our club will benefit as experience. Pedri and Gavi are there for sure, not even mentioning Ferran, Eric or grandpas Busi and Alba. But if Ansu and Balde make it and take part in Qatar could really boost their morale.

True, but I don't see Enrique bringing on a kid with no int. exp to the WC. Maybe after the WC, Balde will be called up for the nations league in 2023.

Ansu really needs a boost for sure.

Home of Barca Fans