Luis Enrique

serghei

Ridiculous they dismissed him because of one season without too much silverware. It all went downhill from there.

I think he wanted to leave as well, a team with MSN can't be held cohesive for too long. The chemistry of the team was getting worse and worse. And the signings that were supposed to freshen the team flopped.

KingLeo10

The two seasons after he left were better than his third season, so it went uphill if anything.

His third season he was competing with arguably the best RM of all time (16/17). He got 90 points which would have cakewalked the league in 17-18 or 18-19.

I would say 18-19 Barca > 16-17 Barca > 17-18 Barca

khaled_a_d

I think LE is indeed better than EV, although I really likes the later.
That being said, it is also true that our decline started under Lucho, 16-17 we were turning into a declining team, there was no more hope Messi would turn back into RW.
In summer, we lost Neymar, and didn't get a single player who was the level required for Barca.
So, even if the claim that 16-17 team was better than 17/18 year, it is only normal considering the decline of the squad itself

vegitot

Both Lucho and EV had really wtf moments. EV with his two infamous comeback while Lucho with prime MSN yet PSG and Juventus thrashed the team like nothing (Atleti a year before also).

Now Lucho is doing a great work with Spain. He is building an exciting Spain team (except the forward line).

It would be interesting if EV replaces Lucho after world cup.

Last edited:

TheStig

Don't insult Lucho with comparisons with EV.

It would be interesting to see him back. I know he didn't give much chances to youth but it was totally different situation. In the Spain NT he plays kids all the time. He should be in the debate if he is willing to return which is not impossible. Ten Hag, Xavi, Gallardo or Lucho is the list.

behindbrowneyes

It is very hard to keep a team constantly on a high level. The third year is probably the hardest. Pep's and Lucho's Barca won everything in the first season, although I personally enjoyed Lucho's second season the most, from an entertaining point of view. The job at Barca must be very tiring and managing to stay for 3 years is already an achievement in itself. The politics in and around the club, the media, ... Not that Bayern for instance is much different. There are so many legends, former players who know everything better.

If you believe in a coach and want to keep him longterm, you have to accept some weaker periods and stick with him no matter what. Liverpool with Klopp, Atletico with Simeone or City with Pep. It is no surprise Pep is staying there already for so long. Of course the money he can spend there helps to build a new squad over and over again. What matters more to keep him happy is the surroundings though. He is working with close friends Soriano and Tziki, that city chairman is a smart dude and doesn't butt into football belongings. No one within the club is critisizing him directly or indirectly through media. The whole club is working together to fix the problems, Pep being the designated boss in football belongings.

At a club like Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern you rather take the job twice with some years of break in between rather than staying there for more than 4 years (if even). Other than Pep I can imagine Lucho coming back to coach Barca again and I'd welcome it.

serghei

It is very hard to keep a team constantly on a high level. The third year is probably the hardest. Pep's and Lucho's Barca won everything in the first season, although I personally enjoyed Lucho's second season the most, from an entertaining point of view. The job at Barca must be very tiring and managing to stay for 3 years is already an achievement in itself. The politics in and around the club, the media, ... Not that Bayern for instance is much different. There are so many legends, former players who know everything better.

If you believe in a coach and want to keep him longterm, you have to accept some weaker periods and stick with him no matter what. Liverpool with Klopp, Atletico with Simeone or City with Pep. It is no surprise Pep is staying there already for so long. Of course the money he can spend there helps to build a new squad over and over again. What matters more to keep him happy is the surroundings though. He is working with close friends Soriano and Tziki, that city chairman is a smart dude and doesn't butt into football belongings. No one within the club is critisizing him directly or indirectly through media. The whole club is working together to fix the problems, Pep being the designated boss in football belongings.

At a club like Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern you rather take the job twice with some years of break in between rather than staying there for more than 4 years (if even). Other than Pep I can imagine Lucho coming back to coach Barca again and I'd welcome it.

It's a really bad model though. When you get yourself an elite manager, not stocking with him during some 1-2 bad seasons is like shooting yourself in the foot big time. Complete idiocy.

You shift through managers until you find a great one, that's fine and totally the right way. But when you do find the right one, you stick with him for as long as possible, you back him up all the way.

Last edited:

Messigician

Pau Torres? misplaced header ends up in a goal for Italy.

Luis Enrique: ?It is not a mistake by Pau Torres. It is a mistake by the whole team.?

Lemar goes past Nico, and scores for Atleti.

Koeman: ?Nico does not follow Lemar. Now you can see why we play with 3 CB?s.? https://t.co/9t3bbvPwek

FinBarcelonafan

Pau Torres? misplaced header ends up in a goal for Italy.

Luis Enrique: ?It is not a mistake by Pau Torres. It is a mistake by the whole team.?

Lemar goes past Nico, and scores for Atleti.

Koeman: ?Nico does not follow Lemar. Now you can see why we play with 3 CB?s.? https://t.co/9t3bbvPwek
Great post actually.

Shows perfectly what is the problem with the team and the leadership. No team. Inviduals. Everyone plays for themselves.

Porque

Not sure LE would want to step back into club football. International football seems the right environment for him where he can pick, choose and give opportunity to a plethora of youth and underrated players.

Still, I do think it would suit him to manage our team right now which has a ton of potential and no big egos. Pretty much a motivational managers dream, if not for the politics, pressure and media.

Home of Barca Fans