Luis Enrique

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Well I mentioned another player that was on the bench. Bring on Rafa then.
It is just my opinion that is unnecessary to replace on CB at that point in the game. No problem if others disagree on that.

I do agree though, a successful CB pair shouldn't be broken up if it's in your hands. However, I did like how the midfield looked after Masch pushed up.

DrPepper

Thought it was a smart move to push Mascherano into central midfield to see out the game. Last time Busquets and Mascherano played together in midfield (should be the Valencia game) they both looked out of place, since Javier took the DM position and Sergio CM.

The other way around it looks much better, since Busi sees more players ahead of the ball and has more space to pass and move. Also Masch is able to press opposition much quicker and can take more risks in getting the ball back, knowing that there's still enough people to cover him.

serghei

La Liga is key IMO. If we beat Valencia and Espanyol, I think we have great chances of winning the title. Liga should be our no1 target each season, since it depends the least on luck and referee mistakes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thought it was a smart move to push Mascherano into central midfield to see out the game. Last time Busquets and Mascherano played together in midfield (should be the Valencia game) they both looked out of place, since Javier took the DM position and Sergio CM.

The other way around it looks much better, since Busi sees more players ahead of the ball and has more space to pass and move. Also Masch is able to press opposition much quicker and can take more risks in getting the ball back, knowing that there's still enough people to cover him.

You are right. And props to Lucho for trying Masch in front of Busi. Not many managers would think of that.

I also liked that he used his subs earlier this time.

rixxer

Yeah, spot on. Masche was relentless pressing PSG players in final 10 minutes and they could not press Barca back to keep the hope alive with another goal. they had to rely on long pass and only complaint would be that they got the chance with ball over the top only Adriano to make crucial tackle in the box. Also, Masche abilities for a short and precise pass after winning ball back surprised me quite a lot and it created lot of half chances. Glad to see that Barca has another tactical weapon to trust to kill off games (that has been a bit soft area during this season).

Kohe321

On paper I think the subsitution of bringing Mathieu on and moving Masch up was good, I mean who would've imagined him scoring that OG. After all, him and Pique has been playing together a lot lately, and playing very well at that.

Yesterday is such a blurr of happiness and screaming, but didn't Masch assist Suarez on his second goal, the one that made it 0-3? Moving him up was worth it just for that :D

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
On paper I think the subsitution of bringing Mathieu on and moving Masch up was good, I mean who would've imagined him scoring that OG. After all, him and Pique has been playing together a lot lately, and playing very well at that.

Yesterday is such a blurr of happiness and screaming, but didn't Masch assist Suarez on his second goal, the one that made it 0-3? Moving him up was worth it just for that :D

He did, only now noticed it, linked up brilliantly with Suarez on that play.

DrPepper

Yeah, Mascherano gave the assist.

All substitutions had a positive impact on the match. Xavi controlled the game much better than Iniesta, Adriano made a last man tackle to prevent a huge opportunity, Mathieu did the same and also pushed Mascherano further forward to give the assist.

Kohe321

Yeah, he played the ball up perfectly on the first touch. I mean, Suarez did an enormous job following that pass, but it wouldn't have happened without Mascheranos great one-two. :)

L

linetty

CCuOtqgUsAAdIWz.jpg

Home of Barca Fans