Luciano Vietto

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
But if he has low morale problem even before coming, what do you think will hapen if he is benched 3 games in a row??? And that will hapen for sure!

I don't think it's a low morale issue. His Atleti career started off with appendicitis and he was screwed because of it. And now obviously he wants to get back on track with his career. And while Barca's bench will get him trophies it won't really push him towards fulfilling his potential.

Stric

Get a grip. These are professional players, not some third-league hobbyists that would give up anything to play for FCB. Yes, Barcelona is obviously a top club to play for, but any forward who comes here knows that he'll have a hard time getting minutes at all next to MSN, let alone make a big name for himself in the near future. It's a big, mainly positive, but also a very risky career move. Sometimes being the top player at a lower-ranked club is a better career choice than being a benchwarmer at a top club. Every transfer has its own context. If you're signing for a new club and are expecting not to be a starter, then you have much more to think about compared to when you're expected to be a starter.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And perhaps he believes that he can move to a smaller club now and move to Barça when he's good enough to challenge for a starting role.

BarçaBarça

I'm getting tired of this saga.. I can't understand if he is in doubt, he will not get another chance to play for us. He is dellusional if he thinks we will beg him to join another time..

Icarium

Lifestealer
I'm getting tired of this saga.. I can't understand if he is in doubt, he will not get another chance to play for us. He is dellusional if he thinks we will beg him to join another time..

If he is good barca will go after him again. Just like they tried for thiago Silva and marquinhos even though they rejected Barca. But more likely target will be Dybala.

spring

Even if veitto has faced bad luck in atleti and has more potential, I'm not agree with buying him, cuz he's a flop for atletico at the moment, if we pay them money, they will use the money to reinforce themselves, like trying to buy back Costa, and it will help them to be stronger, we shouldn't help our rivals to get stronger, if it was about one of their starter players I would say yes do it, but with this conditions, please no. Actually they're our main rival, even in Europe, so plz don't make them stronger by buying one of their flops and helping them to get a better player.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

If he gets back on a good trajectory with his career, of course we will come back for him if we need a striker. It's not like he's choosing to join Real Madrid. Come on.

jairzinho

I like him, but if he is doubtful to join the best team of the world, he can politely fuck off, period

Relax, how do we know he's doubtful ? Lol. This deal is not going to be as straightforward as the last 4 we've done so far, with Sevilla directly in the mix.

George_Costanza

Moving to Barcelona right now will be a bad move for Vietto. Should go to Sevilla on loan.

agreed, he might risk his career especially with a manager who doesn't have the patient to develop players. Montoya could've saved his career if he went earlier to another club. Song was good at Arsenal before joining Barca's bench etc.

BarçaBarça

If he gets back on a good trajectory with his career, of course we will come back for him if we need a striker. It's not like he's choosing to join Real Madrid. Come on.

I know, but if he doesn't join now, there is no guarantees whatsoever that he will ever get the chance again (and reports are that he likes Barca). And yes he could end like Thiago Silva/Marquinhos who we want but can't pay for. I mean, his choice is: Barca now or most likely never, as I see it.

God Serena

agreed, he might risk his career especially with a manager who doesn't have the patient to develop players. Montoya could've saved his career if he went earlier to another club. Song was good at Arsenal before joining Barca's bench etc.

Montoya and Song were both surplus to requirements here long before Lucho came in.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
It'd probably be safer for him to join Sevilla. Specially if Gameiro goes to Atletico.

Makes me wonder why he left Villarreal in the first place but guess you can't really see the future huh.

Anyway. We need a no 9 who can also play on the wings. He was the young option, Gameiro was the old option. What's next?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Excited about the arrival of Vietto aswell. But as far as Nolito is concerned, i think the club were influenced by the fact that he turns 30 in 3 months. Very good player, but not one for the future i guess.

Precisely why he would've been the better option - willing to accept rotation, understands the system & club and does not need to be a longterm solution.

Plus, it does not appear that this deal is done

BBZ8800

What's next?

VPersie again.

But we'll sign one out of Vietto/Gameiro, probably.

I think that papers are playing the games again, the same as in Neymar's case, when MD was publishing how other teams want him and then keeping him was an insane success by our board.

Some drama is added now, to make the board look even better when they get (probably) Vietto.

Or Vietto is really having second thoughts, and this story is released so that we can scare him and show that he needs to sign for us fast or we will look for other options.

I still don't believe that we could lose both of them.
There will be new twists today and tomorrow surely.

Home of Barca Fans