Lucas Digne

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Frankly he is just plain average. He is solid defensively but so impotent in attack. Alba is getting older, we need to start worrying about the future LB spot right now. Give Cucu and Miranda chances, if they don't impress, sign a new LB in two years.

Wonder if getting ditched for Mendy in the WC squad triggered Digne to leave. Digne was solid for France in the qualifiers and was replaced by a guy who barely played.

God Serena

Everyone wants to give La Masia players a chance right up until the moment it comes to actually do it. Digne is the definition of average and even if Cucu/Miranda aren't able to fill his role right away we'll hardly struggle for it. This "What if Alba gets injured" argument is so damn ignorant because it pretends we wouldn't already be stuck with an infinitely inferior LB if Digne was there to fill the spot, anyways.

xXKonan

Seeing a little bit of Everton's friendly vs Rennes.

Everton needs a total defense overhaul starting with the Two CBs along with them getting Digne. Keane and Jagielka are horrible and Ashley Williams isn't much better. :lol:

gregorrin10

Goal actually claiming the deal is 25M and that it's all agreed now, but i think that might be including bonuses. Even if it's 20-22M fixed, we still make a profit. Time to promote Cucu, please. And then see how he and Miranda develop over the next season or two. I definitely think Cucu is the one who needs to be promoted to the 1st team though, MIranda is still too green, he needs to play at least one season for the B team first and then we can evaluate the situation of both players next summer. In an ideal world, they would both impress, Cucu for the 1st, Miranda for the B team, and we'd have them both stay in the 1st team once Alba is gone after a few years.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Everyone wants to give La Masia players a chance right up until the moment it comes to actually do it. Digne is the definition of average and even if Cucu/Miranda aren't able to fill his role right away we'll hardly struggle for it. This "What if Alba gets injured" argument is so damn ignorant because it pretends we wouldn't already be stuck with an infinitely inferior LB if Digne was there to fill the spot, anyways.

Did you watch Cucu at all? Ever? Stop beeing obsessed with La Masia. Players should be classified as good or bad regardless are they from La Masia or not. Cucu isn’t good in defense at all and as much as I din’t rate Digne he is a much better player than Cucu is right now. Miranda on the other hand is still very young and he is fore sure not ready for A team. This is aiming to win CL every season and if Alba gets injured and we have to play SF of CL would you honestly play Cucu?

Same story with Samper, a player who was average in Granada should be part of Barca first team? Come on man. Some players in La Masia are just bad and that’s a fact. Appart from Thiago I can’t remember ONE La Masia player who I actually miss after he left Barcelona. Maybe Grimaldo could have been a decent backup for Alba but that’s it.

Fact is La Masia produced a lot of garbage in recent years and Alena is pretty much the only player who deserved a chance to play for A team in the last couple of years.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

No they can’t! Cucu couldn’t even defend against Segunda teams and Digne is a member of France national team. So please stop with that nonsense.

Well obviously I have no opinion on Cucu since I haven’t watched him play, but if he really is that bad I guess we can use Umtiti or Lenglet at LB at worst. I just hope we don’t spend Digne’s money on another average player. If the club goes and buy a new LB he has to be potentially world class. I don’t want to see big money spent on average players like Digne, Gomes and Paco anymore.

Btw, Digne isn’t a member of French NT anymore. He lost his LB spot to a CB and a 12 months injured player. And all that while being Deschamps favorite guy (like Keita with Pep). So the French NT is actually another proof that Digne is average. It’s like saying Gomes is a member of Portugal NT.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Well obviously I have no opinion on Cucu since I haven’t watched him play, but if he really is that bad I guess we can use Umtiti or Lenglet at LB at worst. I just hope we don’t spend Digne’s money on another average player. If the club goes and buy a new LB he has to be potentially world class. I don’t want to see big money spent on average players like Digne, Gomes and Paco anymore.

Btw, Digne isn’t a member of French NT anymore. He lost his LB spot to a CB and a 12 months injured player. And all that while being Deschamps favorite guy (like Keita with Pep). So the French NT is actually another proof that Digne is average. It’s like saying Gomes is a member of Portugal NT so he’s better than Alena.

Well no, Alena ahowed that he is a great potential in Barca B while Cucu didn’t and of course Digne is average but for a backup average is ok since there are not many world class left backs out there! And even if you could buy 2 WC left backs do you honestly think for exaple that Alaba would be happy to be a backup for Alba or vice versa?

Also until now NO ONE knows if Alena is good enough for our first team so saying that he is better than enyone is just too soon. He is a great talent but he has to proove himself in A team first.

Last edited:

Joan

Get a grip, Raketa. Cucurella wasn't as bad as you make it sound. Is he ready for the first team? Who knows? Probably not. But he was solid for the B team and did well enough for Segunda. Saying as someone who watched more or less every match.

Raketa10

Get a grip, Raketa. Cucurella wasn't as bad as you make it sound. Is he ready for the first team? Who knows? Probably not. But he was solid for the B team and did well enough for Segunda. Saying as someone who watched more or less every match.

Well I don’t agree, he was a horror show in defense in a league which is much inferior to La Liga so I don’t share your optimism. But I don’t have a problem admitting that I was wrong if he proves himself in A team. I didn’t watch every game but I watched a few and he was bad in majority of those. From my point of view he didn’t deserve promotion based on last year displays.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans