Lliga: Valencia - FC Barcelona 0-1

Messi_Goal

With this line up the best formation would be.

---------Mascherano------------
----Xavi-------------Busquets
------------Messi---------------
-----Suárez-------Neymar-------

Kasperroed

Come on guys, how bad can it be? Rackitic has not been that great recently and we have two of the worlds best DM's in the lineup. We will probably be much stronger against set-pieces with 4 (5 with Suarez) strong headers in the lineup. Let's give it a chance.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The thing is that last year song started that.

Song or no Song, the point is that with 2 DM's our midfield was horribly static and struggled to get forward. We tried to improve our conventional-bunker defending with two primary defensive players but instead that just got us pinned back and made us lose the proactive attacking dominance that masks our defensive flaws in the first place.

Masch isn't really technically superior to Song (better long balls) so nothing he provides counteracts the properties that screwed us over against Sociedad. The only difference is that he'd make less errors when we are pinned back and being attacked. Mind you, Sociedad last season was nothing compared to Valencia this year AND we had Iniesta playing who was in his very strong post-winter break form.

It could be different with Xavi and a better Messi but I'm holding my breath. We struggled to transition forward in the last minutes against APOEL with this setup as well.

Qonny

Hope here is some good reasoning behind this lineup, and not just another one of luchos random lineups.

Song or no Song, the point is that with 2 DM's our midfield was horribly static and struggled to get forward. We tried to improve our conventional-bunker defending with two primary defensive players but instead that just got us pinned back and made us lose the proactive attacking dominance that masks our defensive flaws in the first place.

Masch isn't really technically superior to Song (better long balls) so nothing he provides counteracts the properties that screwed us over against Sociedad. The only difference is that he'd make less errors when we are pinned back and being attacked. Mind you, Sociedad last season was nothing compared to Valencia this year AND we had Iniesta playing who was in his very strong post-winter break form.

It could be different with Xavi and a better Messi but I'm holding my breath. We struggled to transition forward in the last minutes against APOEL with this setup as well.

You do know that sometimes players just play a bad game? I cant remember that particular match, all I know is that masch is a different class than song, and his form and overall ability Will give us - i hope - an Edge here. I think you are too pessimistic.

DrPepper

Should be interesting. Could go horribly wrong if both Mascherano and Busquets don't offer any link up play between defence and attack.

DinhoR10

I think Rafinha might've been better than Xavi in this instance, but then again Xavi without defensive duties is amazing.

F

Flavia

Team plays better the past 2 games, what Lucho does? Keep it up? No, let's change things again. Sigh.

Home of Barca Fans