Lliga: Valencia - FC Barcelona 0-1

hamoon32

Why Xavi + double pivot? Why not Rakitić in advanced midfielder role with two DMs behind?

Because when you use 2 dm you need some one who can pass the ball better.
defensively rakitic is better but we need xavi's passing game when we have 2 dm

I

instinct

What are the odds that Diego Alves will have the game of his life?

messi2140

6racies Xavi
when you consider the form of our players this is possibly the strongest lineup. maybe bartra for pique but that's it.

Ursegor

World Champion
Hopefully not a Sociedad flashback :(

But back then we had :song: instead of Monstermasche.

Also recent Clasico flashback. Busquets probably found out he would play in CM 20 minutes ago and instead of a tactical change (double pivot in 4-2-3-1 which could possibly work) it will be 4-3-3 like-for-like replacement Busquets for Rakitic just like Mathieu played like Alba as a wingback rather than forming a 3 man backline. Which will come unnatural to him and the game will suck.

gatsu

Yes this is the strongest line up and the most equilibrated if we want to play with Neymar, Suarez and Messi
And it's not necessarily a double pivot

Iarwain

Valencia, set pieces, pique

Masch, loyal brilliant dm, deserve the spot
I'm all fine with double DM, but I don't see why is Xavi there instead of Rakitić. I suspect Xavi will play higher, but I'd rather see Rakitić there (basically his Sevilla role).

hamoon32 said:
Because when you use 2 dm you need some one who can pass the ball better.
defensively rakitic is better but we need xavi's passing game when we have 2 dm
I think Busquets and Rakitić can pass it just fine.

Messi_Goal

Big game tonight folks but the team has improved the last 2/3 games, I'm glad Masch isn't at cb, Its going to be interesting how he and Sergio play together.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm not too optimistic about this change. The much hyped double pivot got us fucked over by Sociedad last season. If it's still a 4-3-3: Busi is too static to play as a CM and Masch doesn't have the technical ability to cope with Valencia's high pressure. A flat double pivot would probably mess up our already weak vertical transition.

The only positive I can think of is that it frees Xavi of most/all of his defensive duties and partners him up with a Gattuso type player in Masch who will cover tons of space and act as his defensive support. He just gets to control the game as he does instinctively without much other responsibility.

Neymessi

I'm not too optimistic about this change. The much hyped double pivot got us fucked over by Sociedad last season. If it's still a 4-3-3: Busi is too static to play as a CM and Masch doesn't have the technical ability to cope with Valencia's high pressure. A flat double pivot would probably mess up our already weak vertical transition.

The only positive I can think of is that it frees Xavi of most/all of his defensive duties and partners him up with a Gattuso type player in Masch who will cover tons of space and act as his defensive support. He just gets to control the game as he does instinctively without much other responsibility.

The thing is that last year song started that.

F

Flavia

Don't know if playing with so much diverse formation and players in every match is good or bad.

It's bad. I hope I'm wrong, but these drastic changes usually don't end well. The team had found some balance, and now it's all different again.

Home of Barca Fans