Lliga | Round 35: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-2

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Boring as always from Mr. No Balls Valverde. Expecting some shit football, and there’s a big chance of losing the unbeaten record here. We are far better at the Bernabeu than at the Camp Nou in these games.

xXKonan

Feels nice going in to a classico without having to worry about League implications. :lol:

The last couple of years were nail biters.

FCBfan22

I just hope that Coutinho keeps Marcelo busy enough. I dread the thought of Marcelo-Roberto matchup.

Neeraj

There's a time for changes. There's a meaning required behind changes. He was normally criticized for not giving Semedo/Dembele consistent playing time. Not playing Dembele is basically a bonafide defensive 4-4-2 which we've seen all season.

Don't make it sound like those complaining are being unreasonable, you know full well you're twisting words to defend Valverde.

Just to juxtapose against Zidane's selection - he has selected Bale, who he hasn't trusted at all so far, in such a big game, because he wants to play a wide 4-3-3 and attack our full backs. He could have gone safe and played 4-4-2 too...

Joan

There's a time for changes. There's a meaning required behind changes. He was normally criticized for not giving Semedo/Dembele consistent playing time. Not playing Dembele is basically a bonafide defensive 4-4-2 which we've seen all season.

Don't make it sound like those complaining are being unreasonable, you know full well you're twisting words to defend Valverde.

Instead of whom would you play Dembele?

Don't get me wrong, I myself wanted to see Dembele there but then I thought Iniesta wouldn't be ready. With Coutinho and Don available, I don't see where'd you put him.

behindbrowneyes

Boring as always from Mr. No Balls Valverde. Expecting some shit football, and there’s a big chance of losing the unbeaten record here. We are far better at the Bernabeu than at the Camp Nou in these games.

The same team played amazing football in the Copa final after relaxing for a week. Amazing how fast people forget or ignore these things because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Neeraj

Instead of whom would you play Dembele?

Don't get me wrong, I myself wanted to see Dembele there but then I thought Iniesta wouldn't be ready. With Coutinho and Don available, I don't see where'd you put him.

I'd actually play him instead of Coutinho. I know that sounds odd, but it's only because it's Iniesta's last Clasico. Else it would be Coutinho + Dembele. But since we won't leave the Don out, and rightly so, I'd actually let Dembele play out wide. Bring out Coutinho later on if needed. To be honest, I don't see why Iniesta and Coutinho need to play if Coutinho is going to play RW. He's really good, but Dembele brings out something different.

behindbrowneyes

I'd actually play him instead of Coutinho. I know that sounds odd, but it's only because it's Iniesta's last Clasico. Else it would be Coutinho + Dembele. But since we won't leave the Don out, and rightly so, I'd actually let Dembele play out wide. Bring out Coutinho later on if needed. To be honest, I don't see why Iniesta and Coutinho need to play if Coutinho is going to play RW. He's really good, but Dembele brings out something different.

Coutinho was fire as RW vs Sevilla. Dembélé brings something different, but Coutinho is more dangerous in and around the box. It's a no brainer although it is not Cou's favoured position.

Joan

Ok, you have a clear idea where to play him. That is nice to see. :thumbsup:

I prefer Coutinho there (even if it's not his preferred position) because when the ball is lost and you have Marcelo vs Roberto, it's no good for us. Think Coutinho could do a bit better at that.

Neeraj

Ok, you have a clear idea where to play him. That is nice to see. :thumbsup:

I prefer Coutinho there (even if it's not his preferred position) because when the ball is lost and you have Marcelo vs Roberto, it's no good for us. Think Coutinho could do a bit better at that.

Fair enough. Good luck to the team and let's hope the team selected can thrash Madrid :D

Home of Barca Fans