Lliga | Round 31: FC Barcelona - Atletico Madrid 2-0

eaman

Great finish from Suarez and lovely play and finish from Messi. I was worried var would take it off Messi and he was worried himself. Was a tough game as expected against a very good side

Last edited:

eaman

You guys happy with the performance? I thought we looked bad with 11 vs 10 players. I was worried they would score.

A draw would've been fine so maybe most players were pacing themselves for the champions league. Fairly sure city were doing the same today

Gari

Simeone (Atlético Madrid coach): "Valverde's work is tremendous, they are very good. Barça compete very well and this year they are on track to win the three titles."

Havesaks

Simeone (Atlético Madrid coach): "Valverde's work is tremendous, they are very good. Barça compete very well and this year they are on track to win the three titles."

also think us couch for-fun coaches miss a lot of the tactics and work tactical managers as valverde do. the players know tho, and they support him big time. looking at results, he has really been tremendous here.

Horatio

You're welcome
You guys happy with the performance? I thought we looked bad with 11 vs 10 players. I was worried they would score.

I think we were okay. Intensity and motivation was missing, players probably didnt want to waste too much energy since they figured they didnt need to with 1 man more. I think team created some good danger whenever they wanted to.

gregorrin10

I would play the following lineup from now until the end of La Liga: Cillessen; Roberto/Semedo, Todibo, Umtiti, Vermaelen; Alena, Busquets/Rakitic, Vidal; Malcom, Messi/Suarez, Coutinho.

Play Roberto/Semedo, Busquets/Rakitic and Messi/Suarez every other game from the bench, just to keep their form on. After becoming automatic champions I'd also like to say Puig called up for every game until the end and get at least a sub appearance every time.

Save MATS, Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Arthur and Dembele mainly for CL, as we'll desperately need them.

serghei

I would play the following lineup from now until the end of La Liga: Cillessen; Roberto/Semedo, Todibo, Umtiti, Vermaelen; Alena, Busquets/Rakitic, Vidal; Malcom, Messi/Suarez, Coutinho.

Play Roberto/Semedo, Busquets/Rakitic and Messi/Suarez every other game from the bench, just to keep their form on. After becoming automatic champions I'd also like to say Puig called up for every game until the end and get at least a sub appearance every time.

Save MATS, Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Arthur and Dembele mainly for CL, as we'll desperately need them.

Main players minutes need to be managed to a 1 game per week basis. That's all. First leg and 2nd leg in CL from now on are 1 week apart. This means not playing in La Liga between these 2 games, and playing just a part in the game before the first leg.

Also, players who didn't play a lot, but have talent should get more minutes. I'm dying to see Todibo. Seen some great bits in those youtube videos with him. Seems like he has great technique and composure to go along with his physicality.

Home of Barca Fans