Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

Money.
Easy trophies to over take Alves.
One of favs for CL.
Friends.
Can rest up in sub par league and cruise to title under no pressure and win all the domestic trophies.
More energy and time to focus on Argentina.

Lot of reasons PSG suit him.

and you think pep didn't knew that? why even bother to enter the race?

JamDav1982

maybe it was getting grealish, maybe they knew what messi wanted and that they wouldn't be able to compete with psg.

i guess many think of it from a technical perspective, like pressing and all that. if(hypothetically) messi would have said he wants only germany or england, you're damn sure that bayern and all major english clubs would have spammed him with contracts.

Dont agree City, Liverpool etc move for him or on anywhere near what PSG/Barca would pay.

Signing Grealish does not stop them going for Messi.

JamDav1982

and you think pep didn't knew that? why even bother to enter the race?

No I think Pep doesnt think he fits in way you do and what City want is different from PSG.

Not about Grealish anymore?

Also fact he won with him and would be labelled as 'cant do it without Messi' plays a part. Pep has as big an ego as rest of them.

malvolio

No I think Pep doesnt think he fits in way you do and what City want is different from PSG.

Not about Grealish anymore?

Also fact he won with him and would be labelled as 'cant do it without Messi' plays a part. Pep has as big an ego as rest of them.

man is buying every winger-forward-playmaker type of player around and suddenly messi doesn't fit his playing style?

david silva, bernardo silva, mahrez - the pressing machines.

don't want to comment on that 'can't do it without messi' story as to me its like 'he can't do it on a cold night in stoke' type of bullshit.

i would even wager the sheiks would have pushed on regardless, if messi was interested in going there.

JamDav1982

man is buying every winger-forward-playmaker type of player around and suddenly messi doesn't fit his playing style?

david villa, bernardo silva, mahrez - the pressing machines.

don't want to comment on that 'can't do it without messi' story as to me its like 'he can't do it on a cold night in stoke' bullshit.

i would even wager the sheiks would have pushed on regardless, if messi was interested in going there.

City have KDB who is the main focus of their team creatively and plays in similar areas to Messi.. centrally and drifting right.

Dont think they give that up to sign Messi at 34 nor change teams pressing etc to accomodate him either.

Also week in week out EPL is tougher physically and more reservations about signing a 34 year old than PSG would.

Folk saying to Pep he 'cant win CL without Messi' is not even remotely like the 'cold night in Stoke' meme.

Gone from didnt want him due to Grealish to sheikhs would want him no matter what.

That Argentina team are not in the top 5 for the world cup. Its a long shot to waste a few years in that league. Yes the world cup is the ultimate legacy barometer but doing it in the premier league is close and that is very achievable for messi

Messi didn't sign up with Barca.

Messi983

E8dCHhIXsAcSwoe

vegitot

Messi saying its the best place to win the champions league. Did he not watch city best psg even though they didn't play that well last year. Bayern hammered them on chances created and Chelsea are a stronger all round team. Would fancy united over them as well now especially with varane and sancho. Its all a little strange. Either his dad got some extra money for the deal or his wife said Paris or nowhere or he just thought he's 34 and he needs to do down the league level and not go up.

Man UTD could not go past group stage and lost to PSG in group stage as well???

malvolio

Also week in week out EPL is tougher physically and more reservations about signing a 34 year old than PSG would.

Folk saying to Pep he 'cant win CL without Messi' is not even remotely like the 'cold night in Stoke' meme.

french league is pretty physical from what i've seen. surely more physical than spain. i would wager on par with premier league. and the physicality myth was debunked time and again by the likes of aguero and silva being very successful there.

yes it is. it's just idiots speculating. another meme.

eaman

Argentina have a very solid side. By far strongest squad even than when got to WC final bar maybe a younger Messi.

Don't agree with that. They were not great in the copa. A few teams dominated them but the defense looked solid enough to cope and Messi was scoring goals and creating as usual.Put any good European team against them and I don't think they'd handle it like in 2014.

Last edited:

vegitot

City have KDB who is the main focus of their team creatively and plays in similar areas to Messi.. centrally and drifting right.

Dont think they give that up to sign Messi at 34 nor change teams pressing etc to accomodate him either.

Gone from didnt want him due to Grealish to sheikhs would want him no matter what.

Grealish is main man of Aston Villa, similiar to KDB as well. So it's not true that Pep doesn't want Messi. Just because he already signed Grealish.

JamDav1982

Don't agree with that. They were not great in the copa. A few teams dominated them but the defense looked solid enough to cope. Put any good European team against them and I don't think they'd handle it like in 2014

What European team looked great at Euros?

Argentina beat Brazil and have a solid side much more so than in the past.

There is not much between Argentina and any of the top teams bar maybe France if they got sorted.

JamDav1982

Grealish is main man of Aston Villa, similiar to KDB as well. So it's not true that Pep doesn't want Messi. Just because he already signed Grealish.

Grealish doesnt play in same areas as KDB as much as Messi does, will not be main man ahead of KDB is not 34 and can press.

Not sure what the comparison is there.

vegitot

Grealish doesnt play in same areas as KDB as much as Messi does, will not be main man ahead of KDB is not 34 and can press.

Not sure what the comparison is there.

Back then Pep already said how Messi should run less in order to save his energy to attack. So with Pep, there is no problem with Messi's pressing. 34 or not, he is still the best in the world.

Just because they signed Grealish before knew Messi's departure so Pep had to give up on Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans