Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Agree.

Still disagree with him with a very few things, but Scaloni is doing a great job. Hope he renews his contract.

Soul is known for high standards :boss:

Do you remember how Argentinia played in 2018 WC ? Absolutely crap, it was a wonder they survived the group stage :lol: Im excited to see this argentinia in WC, although Messi is 4 years older i think he will perform better than in 2018.

soul24rage

Soul is known for high standards :boss:

Do you remember how Argentinia played in 2018 WC ? Absolutely crap, it was a wonder they survived the group stage :lol: Im excited to see this argentinia in WC, although Messi is 4 years older i think he will perform better than in 2018.

2016-2018 was the dark age. Everything was a mess, no rebuilding, AFA was crap and so on and so on.

Glad to see some good stability now with a plan and Scaloni is the key to that imo.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2016-2018 was the dark age. Everything was a mess, no rebuilding, AFA was crap and so on and so on.

Glad to see some good stability now with a plan and Scaloni is the key to that imo.

2016 Copa America Argentinia played great under Tata, in semi final the 4-0 against USA was imo one of the best matches from Argentinia since a long time, Messi was on fire and everyone thought it's now time to win finally the title again. The loss destroyed them mentally and was proabably the reason why they needed 2 years to recover, i agree Scaloni was the key.

Birdy

CONDITIONS for MESSI's return in 2023:

1) ONLY 1-yr contract.
Not a month more. We have moved, built a new squad. He will come back only for sentimental reasons to say goodbye properly

2) Symbolic wage.
If there are still outstanding payments from the money club is still paying him, then factor them in. But in any case, NO NEW MONEY for Messi. Milking the club to bankruptcy is enough!

3) Accept 'secondary role' in the team,
which means first and foremost NOT BEING A STARTER. Impact sub for some games where Xavi sees it as viable or rotational appearances, and that's it.

4) Accept being used as a RIGHT interior or AM
(for the games/minutes he will play), the only position he can play at his age without fucking up our entire formation and tactics. NOT as a winger in any case WAHTSOEVER

5) NO POWER in the locker room whatsoever.
That should be clear from day 1. He doesn't have a say anymore in how team plays, who plays, who gets transferred in, etc

I am fine with him getting #10 back from Ansu for a year, and with him being the first captain whenever he is on the pitch.
After all, these two are the most harmless benefits, and fit with the sentimental character of his return.

PS: Any violation of the above 5 conditions is a crime against the club and the new direction it has taken with Laporta since 2021, and constitute a reimposition of the Amigo Culture

Last edited:

malvolio

Lol , PSG will want to renew him and he'll stay there for 1 more year.

At current level he would be the best play-maker in La Liga. Finishing is still up for debate, but don't know if that is down to PSG tactics or real decline. So let's say he would be on par with Lewa as best players in the squad.

Of course, nobody knows how he would do in August 2023, but shite like 'secondary role' and being a sub are fairy tales for cretins like Birdy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lol , PSG will want to renew him and he'll stay there for 1 more year.

This is what I've been saying for a while now. He has fully adapted this year. He'll renew for one more year in Paris and then leave for Argentina/MLS in 2024 is what I think.

Laporta might be doing his best to recover his relationship with Messi, but I think it's a long shot. Hopefully Laporta's successor is able to do it so Messi can be a Barca-Ambassador or closely linked to the club when he has retired.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He won?t return for as long as Laporta is still here. Doesn?t really hurt either party.

After he retires and when Laporta is gone, he will reconcile with the club and become an ambassador of some sort.

soul24rage

This is what I've been saying for a while now. He has fully adapted this year. He'll renew for one more year in Paris and then leave for Argentina/MLS in 2024 is what I think.

Laporta might be doing his best to recover his relationship with Messi, but I think it's a long shot. Hopefully Laporta's successor is able to do it so Messi can be a Barca-Ambassador or closely linked to the club when he has retired.

That's what I think as well.

If he does that, I think an option would be for Messi to come on loan during the MLS off season (similar to how Beckham did for Milan and Henry did for Arsenal) in the 25/26 season so that we can give him a proper farewell in the fully renovated Camp Nou.

Birdy

Of course, nobody knows how he would do in August 2023, but shite like 'secondary role' and being a sub are fairy tales for cretins like Birdy.

Leaks from the last 2-3 days talk about secondary role that he has to accept if he wants to return.

The real cretins are braindead fanboys like you who think a team can still be top with him being the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans