Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

Shit club confirmed contract was true

Official club statement: FC Barcelona expresses its indignation at the interested leak of information from El Mundo that would be part of a judicial proceeding.

Means Messi would have retured at Barca if it weren't for him being stubborn

Club denies the information as being true - > Clowngician says confirmed as true :lol:

malvolio

A shame one of the most gifted footballers of all time is such a mediocre human being. Messi could've been a true role model, but he's just a mixed bag overall. Not much in him worth admiring other than his football talent.

Pep leaving hurt his career tremendously.

Messi would be a disastrous manager. For his sake, after he retires, he'd better walk away from football.

Who is this top footballer that you consider a great human being? Or for you it's just him being paid obscene amounts of money a point of declaring he's a mediocre human being?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Club denies the information as being true - > Clowngician says confirmed as true :lol:

The club didn't deny that it isn't true, they just expressed their regret and indignation that this information was leaked.

They probably still trying to mend the fence with Messi and this certainly doesn't help. As long as the leak did not come from inside the club, Messi and nobody could blame us. I am worried about the club though as we are always engulfed in something like this.

Messigician

Who is this top footballer that you consider a great human being? Or for you it's just him being paid obscene amounts of money a point of declaring he's a mediocre human being?

Great human and footballer?

Rashford

The club didn't deny that it isn't true, they just expressed their regret and indignation that this information was leaked.

They probably still trying to mend the fence with Messi and this certainly doesn't help.

Aye

Hence true

serghei

Can't help it. I am unfazed by fame. If anything, I am more amused by the general reaction to fame.

Don't know which footballers are nice people, don't see a reason to investigate that. I just know Messi is average. Quite an unpleasant individual. Not evil or anything of the sort, just not remarkable off the field.

Terrible aesthetic taste, greedy, unethical... all common flaws though. Still brilliant in a way which is what most people hope to achieve and never do, so there is value in that.

Last edited:

malvolio

They probably still trying to mend the fence with Messi and this certainly doesn't help. As long as the leak did not come from inside the club, Messi and nobody could blame us. I am worried about the club though as we are always engulfed in something like this.

The Club regrets that the media in question boasts of having "access to a huge amount of documents and e-mails that are part of the Bar?agate investigation" when this information is yet to be shared.

In any case, the article in question makes public documents that have noting to do with the ongoing case and their use is an affront to the reputation and confidentiality of the Club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The Club regrets that the media in question boasts of having "access to a huge amount of documents and e-mails that are part of the Bar?agate investigation" when this information is yet to be shared.

In any case, the article in question makes public documents that have noting to do with the ongoing case and their use is an affront to the reputation and confidentiality of the Club.

I saw that. It is not a denial of the accuracy of the information leaked, it is simply against leaking such information before it is duly shared. Having nothing to do with Barcagate, exactly, but it doesn't repudiate the accuracy of the info.

CatalinR10

The figures are impressive, but it is also relative, it is depending on how much revenue Messi generated for Barcelona

E.g. indicatively

https://everythingbarca.com/2021/02/05/lionel-messi-generates-barcelona/

We don't know how much he generated for us, but certainly not crumbs.

,,The player made 383,655,000 euros over the 3 years but he has generated 619,265,000 euros in the same time period. This means that the player has made the club a profit of 235,610,000 euros."

Imagine generating +600mil in 3 years for the club. This man trully is the Goat for Barcelona and no one will replicate such anomaly.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Birdy

How did he made that?

It's stupid calculations including for instance how many bought Messi's shirt.

They neglect the fact that Barca fans ALWAYS buy Barca's shirt (especially if they like the shirt). If Messi is around, sure they will buy Messi's.
But if he is not around, they will buy the shirt of another player of the team, like Lewa, Dembele, Raphinia, Kounde etc
There will ALWAYS be Barca players to buy their shirt.

I am not even sure there are 'additional shirt sales' in the total aggregate of shirt sales per season that Messi's name just causes, let alone thinking all sales with Messi's shirt would not have happened if he was not around.

Same principle applies to almost all components of the revenue 'Messi generates' (sic) for the club.
Sponsors: yeah when team sucks sponsor pay less. When team is good sponsors pay better. Is that something that has to do with Messi per se? Not really

Setien acting all misterious, doesn't tell us anything of his first hand experience. But suddenly you found out the secret and know for sure what happened.

Would hope Messi told Setien he is a bum. Otherwise I would think less of him.

Setien had given other interviews in the past where he said more than 'no comment'.
I expect him to take the lid off with all the details when Messi retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans