Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

We don't what his options are yet. You have to remember that he was supposed to stay with Barcelona last Thursday and didn't get told the news that night that we couldn't sign him. No other teams have had a chance to prepare offers. It takes time to work out the figures in regards to FFP and whatnot. Maybe he has several offers and he's giving them a chance to prepare their offers properly. He's in no rush. He still has a few weeks to pick his team. It would be stupid to just join a team at the drop of a hat.

It seems that PSG and their media are putting pressure on Messi to make up his mind more than Messi having his actually mind made up.

If he doesn't sign by tomorrow night, you can safely say that he still hasn't made his mind up yet and it is the French media trying to force the issue.

not debating he could wait a bit. but i don't see him going to a club he has no connection with. at psg he has some friends at least and an argentine coach.

at city there is only pep. and they splashed on grealish.

Newcomer

We don't what his options are yet. You have to remember that he was supposed to stay with Barcelona last Thursday and didn't get told the news that night that we couldn't sign him. No other teams have had a chance to prepare offers. It takes time to work out the figures in regards to FFP and whatnot. Maybe he has several offers and he's giving them a chance to prepare their offers properly. He's in no rush. He still has a few weeks to pick his team. It would be stupid to just join a team at the drop of a hat.

It seems that PSG and their media are putting pressure on Messi to make up his mind more than Messi having his actual mind made up.

If he doesn't sign by tomorrow night, you can safely say that he still hasn't made his mind up yet and it is the French media trying to force the issue.

She maybe isn't reliable but the guy who said it on our forum is reliable. His company has done many PSG players presentations.

How would PSG media put pressure on Messi ? Bar?a media were saying during months he was signing, it didn't put pressure on him.

Horatio

You're welcome
not debating he could wait a bit. but i don't see him going to a club he has no connection with. at psg he has some friends at least and an argentine coach.

Also Messi hates the English language and can't stand the cold.

xxxxxx

I can see why he would go to PSG. They have a competitive team, he has friends there and they have owners who will spend. But.... he still might want to play in the Premier League. At City, he'll still have a competitive team, Pep who he knows and likes, owners that will spend, and he'll be playing in a much better league than Ligue 1. Also, City was close to winning the Champions League last season.

I can see why he would go to either side.

They technically only spent 40m on Grealish, so they have more money to spend. They could easily afford Messi.

xxxxxx

Also Messi hates the English language and can't stand the cold.

He can speak English, he just hasn't had to speak it much. It's pretty cold in Paris during the winter, so the weather wouldn't be the reason. Yeah, it's a bit warmer during the summer.... but who the hell cares about a few more celsius?

Horatio

You're welcome
He can speak English, he just hasn't had to speak it much. It's pretty cold in Paris during the winter, so the weather wouldn't be the reason. Yeah, it's a bit warmer during the summer.... but who the hell cares about a few more celsius?

Maybe, but still enough for people to sell Messi the idea France has better weather.

Newcomer

True.

Money aside, the only reason i can see PSG have an advantage is Neymar has been egging him for some time now.

JamDav1982

The 'English' and weather is nonsense.

He puts his kids to English speaking school and his wife is fluent. While he practically begged Pep to take him last summer according to reports.

PSG is ideal. Easy add to his trophies to over take Alves. Friends there. Money. Up there with favs in CL and can cost a bit next season getting ready for WC.

xxxxxx

True.

Money aside, the only reason i can see PSG have an advantage is Neymar has been egging him for some time now.

That's the only real edge they have over City. He would have a few friends there.

But City has the advantage of Pep and the Premier League. I mean, it's a tough choice for Messi. If City wants him badly, they'll be putting in an offer to sign him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you don't care for history, art and the museums I'd say Barcelona is definitely a better place to live than Paris overall.

But of course none of these things matter to footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans