Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

Messi winning the Balon D'or is far and away more justifiable than having Jorginho in the top 3 who's not even been the best midfielder at his club or country.

Messi is a victim of his own success, still a ridiculously good year statistically but because he's reached higher heights in the past, it gets discredited.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Today big match, will he present his ballon dor in front of the psg fans ? [MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION]

Neymar is injured so we will see how good MMD connection works.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 7 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 8 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against Nice.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi winning the Balon D'or is far and away more justifiable than having Jorginho in the top 3 who's not even been the best midfielder at his club or country.

Messi is a victim of his own success, still a ridiculously good year statistically but because he's reached higher heights in the past, it gets discredited.

I mean you only have to look at the 2018 BdO where Messi ended up 5th despite his great stats and domestic double.

And people want to talk about what's fair or not :lol:

KingLeo10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 7 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 8 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against Nice.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

Glad you're back doing this dawg :cheers:

KingLeo10

He'll come back to us in some capacity in 2 years max. Whenever you hear his name, the FIRST word in anyone's mind is Barcelona, and vice-versa :lol:

PSG is nothing more than a nice vacation while he focuses on Argentina and the CL with competent teammates. That's why I don't care what he does in Ligue 1 when he clearly doesn't care about that tinpot league either.

One of the things I've always liked about Messi is that he's not insecure about padding goals/stats/trophies. Probably because he knows he's the most talented player in the history of the game (and at worst tied with R9 and Maradona in this aspect).

If I knew I was the best in history at what I do, wouldn't give 2 shits about the details.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I'm lowering my expectations with Messi moving forward to avoid too many meltdowns. I'm not expecting him to score too much or be one of the top players in the world anymore. Just trying to enjoy watching the GOAT play and hoping he can snatch a WC or another CL although I don't have a ton of hope for either.

Thats a statement from Rassvet :ohmy:

Think Mbappe will become the main scorer and Messi the main assist man.

KingLeo10

I'm lowering my expectations with Messi moving forward to avoid too many meltdowns. I'm not expecting him to score too much or be one of the top players in the world anymore. Just trying to enjoy watching the GOAT play and hoping he can snatch a WC or another CL although I don't have a ton of hope for either.

Take my approach: Relax and take everything he does from here on out as a bonus to his legacy. And not a huge bonus either unless it's a WC - Lad already has the best resume ever IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans