Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

People overreacting as usual. What was he supposed to do when city dominated the game. He looked better than ronaldo against city a few weeks ago.

Aye he also has a far better team around him than Ronaldo and didnt do all that much tonight anyway.

Morten

Its natural that Messi is turning more into a player of moments rather than all-round play, nobody is at the top forever and age comes for everyone.

Though, i did expect a bit more today tbf.

malvolio

People overreacting as usual. What was he supposed to do when city dominated the game. He looked better than ronaldo against city a few weeks ago.

Not 'people'. Haters. :lol:

City dominated both games. This time they've won.

Messi hardly seen the ball, in both games.

malvolio

Messi will continue to not see the ball in such games unless Poch adjusts the tactics and drops Neymar for a CB or midfielder.

Probably best option as Neymar is the weak link when all three play and Mbappe already seems to be on same wavelength as Messi.

But still, Poch is and always will be a bum. And their midfield is good only at running. Technically they are way off.

eaman

Aye he also has a far better team around him than Ronaldo and didnt do all that much tonight anyway.

Both had bad midfield around them and that's why both didn't look great against city. Still messi looked better because he got on the ball more when he got sick of waiting for it.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
And their midfield is good only at running. Technically they are way off.

Poch makes a conscious choice to play three destroyers when the three stars are playing to compensate for their defensive idleness. Paredes is actually technically gifted, but Gueye and Herrera are just tacklers. Verratti would add quality, and Wijnaldum is technically adept even if I don't rate him.

Morten

Probably best option as Neymar is the weak link when all three play and Mbappe already seems to be on same wavelength as Messi.

But still, Poch is and always will be a bum. And their midfield is good only at running. Technically they are way off.

I don't think any coach can make this PSG-side look like a coherent side though.

Its a dangerous side with lots of talent, and i wouldn't write them of in CL, but it they will never play like Liverpool or City.

malvolio

Poch makes a conscious choice to play three destroyers when the three stars are playing to compensate for their defensive idleness. Paredes is actually technically gifted, but Gueye and Herrera are just tacklers. Verratti would add quality, and Wijnaldum is technically adept even if I don't rate him.

He has no options really. What conscious choice?

Wijnaldum is another runner and opportunist. Not a player that beats out a high press from City.

Only one that can keep possession and use it wisely is Veratti.

Gueye, Herrera or Danilo wouldn't start for most elite teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans