Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxx

Goal scored when he receives the ball in dangerous area and drives play forward. If you don't give him the ball in the final third he's not much use. Funny that...

Messi under us had better players on the ball, who pressed so they can win it back. Messi then could open teams up..... he just doesn't have that with PSG. Messi probably isn't at 100% physically, and I'm sure he'll improve this season. But I don't think that PSG team fits his style. He should have tried to sign for City.

Rassvet

Needs to come to MLS so [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] and I can watch him live

I doubt he will do well in MLS tbh. The defenses might be worse but his teammates won’t be good enough to supply him with his almost nonexistent off the ball movement.

Rory

Messi under us had better players on the ball, who pressed so they can win it back. Messi then could open teams up..... he just doesn't have that with PSG. Messi probably isn't at 100% physically, and I'm sure he'll improve this season. But I don't think that PSG team fits his style. He should have tried to sign for City.

Yeah completely agree. Put him somewhere the team hold onto the ball well in the opponents half and he'd be a threat all the time. Poch wants psg to sit back and hit on the counter. It's a fair tactic but in which case Messi should be on the bench and tactics altered when he enters the pitch.

FCMessi

Mbappe and Neymar not breaking their balls and legs running and pressing for him.

Maybe able to win something with Argentina.

xxxxxx

That tackle in Venezuela screwed him. I fear he is done now. Cant dribble anymore and fitness at an all time low. Barely gets off one shot per game these days. He is almost a non-factor in every game. If we weren?t aware what he was capable of after seeing him in the past, you would think he was among the worlds top players. Hopefully he can fluke a Ballon, play the WC in a year and retire happilly.

Well.... he only had treatment done a few weeks back, so he's obviously going to not be at 100%. I'm pretty certain he got stem cells put in his leg, and I'm willing to bet it'll take some time before we see results.

JamDav1982

Yeah completely agree. Put him somewhere the team hold onto the ball well in the opponents half and he'd be a threat all the time. Poch wants psg to sit back and hit on the counter. It's a fair tactic but in which case Messi should be on the bench and tactics altered when he enters the pitch.

No chance Poch wants them to play on counter.

Poch is a coach that wants his teams to dominate ball and press from front.

Near on impossible with that front three as wont do it even when have better mids in place.

Probably why he wants out. Cant get players to play the way he wants.

pregra

Doesnt suit him at age 34 that PSG sit so deep. Feels like he always is a million miles away from goal every time he gets on the ball, even against Ligue 1 farmers.

Rory

No chance Poch wants them to play on counter.

Poch is a coach that wants his teams to dominate ball and press from front.

Near on impossible with that front three as wont do it even when have better mids in place.

Probably why he wants out. Cant get players to play the way he wants.

Not no chance at all. Went through against City in the ucl years ago using same tactics.

Birdy

Sitting deep or not, he is SLOW AF
That's more clear than daylight.
He can't exist in modern football.
No footballer playing up front as a false 9, winger, wide-forward, AM you name it can exist without off and on the ball running and intensity

His time in the top level has been over quite some time now.
It's only the protective fishbowl of Barca environment that he was enjoying for years that didn't let people clearly see the above fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans