Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

don't think the original one but yes, there will be a celebration

https://twitter.com/AlbicelesteTalk/status/1637464310065627137

Fj-kukgXoAEbdVi.jpg

Kul_z

First, lets turn our emotions off for a minute. If Messi comes back what position should he play? Both Raphinha and Dembele prefer to play on the right side so he can't play there in 4-3-3 formation. If we'll continue to utilize 4-4-2 than our attack will consist of 35y and 36y old guys and we'll defend with only 8 players. Consequently, both Raphinha and Dembele will play out of position. If we'll try 4-2-3-1 than there is no room for both Pedri and Gavi in our starting 11. Additionally, Messi in attack can't create chances or score goals like he did few years ago so even there his contribution will be questionable especially in big games. I honestly see no formation that would suit both our current squad and Messi in the same time.

Second, he is completely uncoachable and Xavi will have no authority over him. This would probably end up badly for Xavi and our entire game concept. For example, yesterday, during the first 10 minutes we pressed like crazy. This wouldn't be possible with Messi in the squad.

Finally, we would throw under the buss everything we have build during the last season. Our entire formation would be tailored for 36y old Messi who lacks motivation and has no self criticism at all. Furthermore, some of our young players would lose playing time in order to give Messi a tribute season so he can reach 2024 Copa America. IMHO, his return, apart from emotional side, makes no sense whatsoever.

If imhotep can play in the most delicate position, so can messi in attack. Difference in qsg and barca would be that messi would have a lot more ball in his feet. Bring him home

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Panama

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
First, lets turn our emotions off for a minute. If Messi comes back what position should he play? Both Raphinha and Dembele prefer to play on the right side so he can't play there in 4-3-3 formation. If we'll continue to utilize 4-4-2 than our attack will consist of 35y and 36y old guys and we'll defend with only 8 players. Consequently, both Raphinha and Dembele will play out of position. If we'll try 4-2-3-1 than there is no room for both Pedri and Gavi in our starting 11. Additionally, Messi in attack can't create chances or score goals like he did few years ago so even there his contribution will be questionable especially in big games. I honestly see no formation that would suit both our current squad and Messi in the same time.

Second, he is completely uncoachable and Xavi will have no authority over him. This would probably end up badly for Xavi and our entire game concept. For example, yesterday, during the first 10 minutes we pressed like crazy. This wouldn't be possible with Messi in the squad.

Finally, we would throw under the buss everything we have build during the last season. Our entire formation would be tailored for 36y old Messi who lacks motivation and has no self criticism at all. Furthermore, some of our young players would lose playing time in order to give Messi a tribute season so he can reach 2024 Copa America. IMHO, his return, apart from emotional side, makes no sense whatsoever.

I'd sell Lewa (like we'll get any money for him lol, only we are stupid enough to pay 50m for him), Ansu and Torres - splurge some cash on a LW that also hava a nose for finishing and get a backup striker on a free + Gundo if free and we can negotiate an ok wage (and probably ship Kessie) + a promising and cheap RB.
In La Liga we can play without a striker - new LW + Dembele + Messi false 10... but in Europe we need a striker, so we play almost with a back 3 with Balde as a very offensive LB/LW, FDJ + Gundo/Gavi/(maybe Busi, depends) + Pedri and Messi as AM's - Dembele on RW.

Honestly, we haven't really built anything - but we bought some good players and La Maria also blessed us. We got booted in group stage in CL, we lost in EL and we keep getting away with 1-0's in LL (shiiiiiit we've been lucky in like half of those 1-0's lol).
Lewa gave us an ok 2 months and have been dogshit in the WC and for us since then. Torres is a lost case, Ansu is fucked, Kessie can be useful but is a little underwhelming etc. Raphinha we need, because he fights 100% and scores some crucial goals + we need a backup for Dembele who's out like 2 months every season on average.

Last edited:

serghei

:rofl1:

This thread... Can't you just be happy about Messi's era at Barca and the fact that he finally won the World Cup and let him retire in peace?

Nobody who really cares about this club would want Messi back. They might say they do, but secretly they don't. Kings get executed or they die on their own, they most certainly don't learn to become servants. :lol:

Messi's era at Barcelona is done.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
:rofl1:

This thread... Can't you just be happy about Messi's era at Barca and the fact that he finally won the World Cup and let him retire in peace?

Nobody who really cares about this club would want Messi back. They might say they do, but secretly they don't. Kings get executed or they die on their own, they most certainly don't learn to become servants. :lol:

Messi's era at Barcelona is done.

You're probably right :)
Above I just wrote what I would consider IF he comes....

serghei

You're probably right :)
Above I just wrote what I would consider IF he comes....

Look, Lewa at this age comes with some downsides, but still... look at him in the Clasico running his ass off in min 91 to set up a teenage rookie with a backheel. Old Messi and old Suarez would be blank starring at that time of the game expecting ball to feet.

Come on...

As a nostalgic person myself, of course I remember what Messi used to do, but whatever he had left in the tank he gave for Argentina. PSG are uber moron wannabes, let's not copy them.

Ask him back when we're readty to pull of a massive retirement gig with 99k fans, maybe ask him to open up the new stadium in a retirement game... but let's not get tangled up in bringing Messi back for real.

Last edited:

Temptation

I am not a fan of tatoos. But that beard made him look mighty. That is when he showed his shirt to the Bernabeu. He is an introvert, but always had a bit of temper in him.

Every human has a bit of temper and occasional outbursts in them. No matter how zen they appear.

The beard is definitely a looksmax on Messi. The shorter neater haircut suits him too. In his best look, he has a decent sober look.

Barca has traditionally never been a very good looking team so that helps. :lol:

Porque

Difference with Messi and Lewa is that the latter will hold the tactical structure.

Note not saying Lewandowski is better. Obviously he isn't. But if you want to build around Messi (again) then you need to move alot of pieces that we just can't afford to (offload Lewa and as many of the rest of the forward line, and get a striker who works hard and has pace and finishing- ie Osimhen).

Also, will Messi even move the needle anymore financially? After wages what income will he generate now? And I mean real income, nor Qatari backed companies inflated income.

EDIT

Also want to say that the 11 has been tailored to build around Busi and get the best out of him.

I don't think we can do it with two 35 year olds without a recurrence of yesteryear. So Busi would probably have to be out too.

As I said, too many pieces for a nostalgia bump and questional financial returns at a cold windy fuckin Montujlic, where people will still choose to watch on tv.

Last edited:

malvolio

For all we know there is no signal from Messi camp that he would want a return with Laporta in charge.

"I don't think he will return [to Barcelona]," Jorge Messi told reporters at Barcelona's airport. "The conditions are not there."

He also denied he had spoken to Barcelona president Joan Laporta about his son's future, but did not completely close the door to a return to Camp Nou.

"I don't know, life takes so many turns," he said.

This was Messi's father just last month. Even the so called reputable journos don't know shit. Throwing percentages like it means anything.

wisconsincule

Messi coming back would hurt us exactly how Ronaldo hurt United.

I will be pissed off if we bend over backwards to bring him back. He should just retire or go play in the MLS. Barca have a good thing brewing and Messi would ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans