Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
This news both excites and scares me at the same time. I have a feeling we will be stronger in LaLiga but potentially be worse in Europe with him in the team.

Messigician

Breaking

❗@gastonedul: "In December, Messi told me: 'Yes, I want to continue at PSG' and the parties reached a verbal agreement, but then something changed. Now, if there is an offer from Barcelona, there is no doubt that Messi will come back because. He wants Bar?a."

Messigician

🚨 Update 🚨

MESSI wants to return to Barcelona, ​​negotiations are ongoing.
[@estebanedul]

Romero bodied these fools

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So Tebas is willing to relax the draconian financial fairplay just for one year and just for Messi?

After the one-year period and after Messi is gone, it is back on?

That has to be a joke.

malvolio

worse in Europe with him in the team.

This seems like the type of statement everyone likes to jump on here just so they don't miss the trend. What does worse in Europe means really? It's not like this team was on a path to win the CL and Messi coming here would derail that. 2 consecutive seasons of not getting out of the CL group. Did Madrid "achieve" that in the modern era? Don't think so.

So what is the fuss about? We would have surely exploded next season?

Catta

This news both excites and scares me at the same time. I have a feeling we will be stronger in LaLiga but potentially be worse in Europe with him in the team.

Can't be worse than with the Polish choker leading the line. That flat track bully can't even help us advance one round in the EL. Messi standing in one place the whole game would offer more than him.

For our situation, his age, output, and price, Lewa is one of the worst deals club has made.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
This seems like the type of statement everyone likes to jump on here just so they don't miss the trend. What does worse in Europe means really? It's not like this team was on a path to win the CL and Messi coming here would derail that. 2 consecutive seasons of not getting out of the CL group. Did Madrid "achieve" that in the modern era? Don't think so.

So what is the fuss about? We would have surely exploded next season?

Pretty obvious what is meant by that, can see what happens at psg when you have 2 players that contribute fuck all in the defensive phase. Then you add in the potential re-signing of busquets and we're back to square one with the same issues we were complaining about 5 years ago except with the players being even older.

Can't be worse than with the Polish choker leading the line. That flat track bully can't even help us advance one round in the EL. Messi standing in one place the whole game would offer more than him.

For our situation, his age, output, and price, Lewa is one of the worst deals club has made.

As above, will be an issue because we will have a an older Lewy who can't do that defensive work on Messi's behalf and potentially still have busquets in midfield. It will be the same mess but worse.

I don't think Lewy has been a huge hit, but his early season form was one of the reasons we are very likely going to win the league.
The failures in Europe were down to a mixture of him and xavi making poor decisions and not performing.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Lmao. "We would get worse in europe" comments, after we crashed 2 times from cl group stage and 2 times from el. Get fucking real.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Lmao. "We would get worse in europe" comments, after we crashed 2 times from cl group stage and 2 times from el. Get fucking real.

Not talking about results but the strength of the team, might be too hard for some posters to understand the nuance. Should expect it with the amount of drop kicks on this forum. I attribute our elimination down to xavi terrible decision making and tactics coupled with some unfortunate injuries during key ties.

Kul_z

Not talking about results but the strength of the team, might be too hard for some posters to understand the nuance. Should expect it with the amount of drop kicks on this forum. I attribute our elimination down to xavi terrible decision making and tactics coupled with some unfortunate injuries during key ties.

While i agree with part of xavi tactics and unfortunate injuries, i still think that we lacked creativity, clear cut chances, overall danger in final third. For most part we were toothless. Im not in playing him week in week out for 90 minutes, but i stil think we would be at least 20% stronger team with him.

Daniele

Not really.
The dangers are many, and the most likely scenario is he takes away gains we already have achieved this season

Watch this analysis that soulrage posted:

He outlines nicely all the dangers, and concludes in the end that the compromise would be sacrificing a lot.
Like what I said, the only way this sentimental comeback and Laporta redeeming himself works, is if Xavi convinces him and he accepts to have an impact sub/ guiding youngsters role in the team that is being built

Great explanatory video

raskolnikov

I feel he should play for free if he truly loves Barca and wants to return. He already has enough money for 10 lifetimes so greed shouldnt be a factor.

Given our financial problems which is pattially to us blowing his wages up every time and therefore other players as well. He milked this club enough and we are going in a different phase. Signing Messi at 36 on high wages despite who is and what he has done is goong backwards.

If however he signs fot free and plays out of love for the sport and the club/city then its all good and he can join for 2 more years.

Home of Barca Fans