Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

ajnotkeith

It has literally no impact on our rebuild.

Of course it will... he isn't playing for free.

If we sign him we most definitely have zero extra room for another big signing and will mean that the two star attackers of the squad, Messi and Lewandowski, will be retired in one or two years. That is extremely risky.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Laporta want him back. Xavi want him back. Most of the dressing room would welcome him back and Lewandowski even said months ago he want to play with him before he finishes his career and said so unprompted.

The fans that go to games in Barcelona will also be ecstatic. They will never turn on him no matter what. Ground reality in Barcelona or Spain for that matter is not even 1% similar to this forum or the twitter-world.

As for myself then I'm indifferent to it. Doubtful we'd be CL contenders regardless and I don't think we really lose out that much in our rebuilding process if he returns for a year or two assuming they keep making some smart signings and plugging the holes in the squad.

Of course it will... he isn't playing for free.
If we sign him we most definitely have zero extra room for another big signing and will mean that the two star attackers of the squad, Messi and Lewandowski, will be retired in one or two years. That is extremely risky.

Barca will offer him 10m gross per year acc to club sources and he's apparently willing to accept that.

ajnotkeith

Laporta want him back. Xavi want him back. Most of the dressing room would welcome him back and Lewandowski even said months ago he want to play with him before he finishes his career and said so unprompted.

The fans that go to games in Barcelona will also be ecstatic. They will never turn on him no matter what. Ground reality in Barcelona or Spain for that matter is not even 1% similar to this forum or the twitter-world.

As for myself then I'm indifferent to it. Doubtful we'd be CL contenders regardless and I don't think we really lose out that much in our rebuilding process if he returns for a year or two assuming they keep making some smart signings and plugging the holes in the squad.

Barca will offer him 10m gross per year acc to club sources and he's apparently willing to accept that.

Having him back would be an awesome historical moment and seeing him play with people like Dembele, Lewandowski, Pedri, De Jong with their big growth since he left will probably produce us some historic wins and fantastic showings at times.

But make no mistake, he is not coming for a secondary role nor is he going to come on 10m gross when likes of Ferran are around that wage and Lewandowski is on more. He will probably be unbenchable largely due to reasons you mentioned about the fans and the club loving him.

Overall agree with you about indifference, it has its positives and negatives. One thing's for sure though, if he comes, Barca will be expected to win the CL.

bismp

IF it is true that both parties are indeed interested in a reunion, my theory is this:

Laporta and co. have no money to make a high profile signing like Ronaldinho, Neymar or Suarez. We would only dream of signing Haaland or Mbappe, even any top 20 player for that matter, because the price is too demanding.

Signing Messi for a year of two produces a blockbuster moment similar to Jordan returning in ‘96, while also redeeming Laporta for letting Messi go in 2021.

Ofc it could easily backfire. Xavi has to make it clear that he has to try to play in the system (ofc at this age and with this status it is impossible, but at least something similar to Argentina) and that he is not allowed to play every match.

Then, it could work out. We are in any case outsiders for the UCL, adding Messi doesn’t suddenly destroy our chances. And LL minions should be a cakewalk for him, even at this age.

ajnotkeith

We will still be competitive in LaLiga with Messi. Gonna get shitfaced as usual in the CL though.

Deal is not about the sporting side.

Shirt sales, most goes to Nike anyways, what do you think they pay 60m+ a year for?

Marketing wise will give a boost, but put it this way. If his financial pull was as great as said, we would have kept him the first time.

Only angle this works is the Michael Jordan return angle. Said it before and even Xavi mentioned it.

Post world cup bump is gone already.

Messi is a club legend but fans will turn on him if we are worse next season than this season I reckon.

Having Dembele, Messi, Lewa should be enough to just blow away Liga teams on sheer quality alone. I can't see us getting that much worse in Liga with him unless Madrid significantly upgrade their team.

The question is does he improve us for the big wages and independence/importance he is going to demand. I'm not sure. Keep in mind players like Dembele and Pedri will probably suffer a lot from his return individually as they won't have near as much of the ball.

Porque

[/FONT]

The rest on image rights, legends deal and such most likely.

Still there's questions.

For example, do LaLiga even accept that wage given the Dani Alves precedent?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
My son literally ran out of the house screaming in joy when he heard the rumour.

Make it happen.

DonAK

The rest on image rights, legends deal and such most likely.

Still there's questions.

For example, do LaLiga even accept that wage given the Dani Alves precedent?

Was a report earlier that said Tebas is willing to relax FFP rules for La Liga for the upcoming season if it facilitated Messi's return.

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1641754752152109056

Tebas being the vindictive person he is probably see it as a fuck you to PSG.

DonAK

He should have done that back in Summer 2021.

He was more interested in strong-arming us to sign the CVC deal and back out from the ESL in 2021.

Like I said, he's a vindictive person that would let personal likes or dislikes affect everyone else around him even if it is the decline in the product he's responsible for.

Iniesta Ultra

Not really.
The dangers are many, and the most likely scenario is he takes away gains we already have achieved this season

Watch this analysis that soulrage posted:

He outlines nicely all the dangers, and concludes in the end that the compromise would be sacrificing a lot.
Like what I said, the only way this sentimental comeback and Laporta redeeming himself works, is if Xavi convinces him and he accepts to have an impact sub/ guiding youngsters role in the team that is being built

I thought this youtube channel was yours until I got to the last segment of this video subtitled "return of the king" saying the game doesn't have to just be amount maximizing productivity and the game should be a beautiful human experience. But I'd never worry about his walking on the pitch since we don't have an Mcry on our roster and one of the best defensive lines.

Porque

Was a report earlier that said Tebas is willing to relax FFP rules for La Liga for the upcoming season if it facilitated Messi's return.

https://twitter.com/ReshadRahman_/status/1641754752152109056

Tebas being the vindictive person he is probably see it as a fuck you to PSG.

Imagine if all this was a bait and switch to expose the double standards of the Salary Cap rules imposed and somehow have our margin relaxed or even oust Tebass.

Home of Barca Fans