Lionel Messi - v7

He was average today bar the goal. Same issues - just walking, no off the ball movement, taking De Jong's position and forcing him to go wide, constantly trying to make his buddy Suarez score... ffs we are gonna be destroyed once again in knockouts.

You've posted numerous times today attacking Messi. You call him average when he was clearly one of the best players out there along with MATS and Semedo. In contrast you described Ronaldos performance against Holland, where he literally did fuck all as and I quote 'a good game.'

Had Ron played identical to Messi today I would bet my house on you singing his praises till the cows come home.

Nothing unexpected though. I'd knew you'd be angry after your boy failed to grab the stat pad against Lokomotiv. Calma Calma te amo Ronaldo.

Mitchell1978

You need to understand that these rates and stats are done by 18-20 years old volunteers.

Thats not the case, these ratings are made up by set algorhithms (that reward certain things like goals, chance creation, saves for a goalkeeper, a good pass etc) based on data provided by sources like Opta, Stasbomb etc

You can disagree perhaps with the algorhithms but it is stat and factsbased not random numbers by kids.

Potroh

Thats not the case, these ratings are made up by set algorhithms (that reward certain things like goals, chance creation, saves for a goalkeeper, a good pass etc) based on data provided by sources like Opta, Stasbomb etc

You can disagree perhaps with the algorhithms but it is stat and factsbased not random numbers by kids.

That's how you imagine it in this century.
But if you dig it a bit deeper, you can also see these sites looking for volunteers for the purpose.

But the trend is towards the algorithms, no doubt, which makes it even more questionable, specially that someone HAS TO PRESS the "T" button for a tackle, or the "S" for shot on target.
Algorithms do the summaries (at the best sites and for TV) but the rather quetionable human factor will be there for many years to come.

Mitchell1978

That's how you imagine it in this century.
But if you dig it a bit deeper, you can also see these sites looking for volunteers for the purpose.

But the trend is towards the algorithms, no doubt, which makes it even more questionable, specially that someone HAS TO PRESS the "T" button for a tackle, or the "S" for shot on target.
Algorithms do the summaries (at the best sites and for TV) but the rather quetionable human factor will be there for many years to come.

There's always a human factor but sources like Opta and Statsbomb are used by all the big leagues and teams so yeah in consider them very reliable.
Certainly more reliable then people on forums with subjective opinions or agenda's (not talking about you i usually like your contributions).

Potroh

Certainly more reliable then people on forums with subjective opinions or agenda's

Well, okay. So please tell me which are the possible actual variables summed up in SUAREZ's performance that gives him 7.3 yesterday?
Are there any significant variables that make Suarez's performance way higher than Arthur's or FDJ's?

FinBarcelonafan

He needs to be more vocal like Stegen was. He needs to say this team is playing like shit and take responsibility. I want to hear thus from Messi. No more backing Valverde.

Mitchell1978

Well, okay. So please tell me which are the possible actual variables summed up in SUAREZ's performance that gives him 7.3 yesterday?
Are there any significant variables that make Suarez's performance way higher than Arthur's or FDJ's?

well i'm guessing his contribution that led to barça 2e goal played a big part in that rating

Riordon

I’m sure that when he retires and we return to play with two true wingers and a 9, we will have more success in the CL. 100%

Potroh

well i'm guessing his contribution that led to barça 2e goal played a big part in that rating

I'm also guessing that might be the case.
Therein we could easily agree upon that it was a human's contribution to the equation.

Messi got a 9.8 a 9.3 and a 8.3 (I was lazy to check more, and highly uninterested anyway because I saw the game) so believe me, it's the young enthusiast's hand in all those numbers, who either considered Suarez's panic-move as a contribution, or some did not, I didn't even check Suarez's numbers, apart from WhoScored.

Anyway, apart from the highly subjective humans, here comes the question of equations or algorithms, which consider it to be the greatest thing if someone scores.
It can be the most spectacular goal in the century, or a tap-in from 5 centimeters, it doesn't matter.
That's why I read those numbers with a very very mistrusting attitude...

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Valladolid

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]

[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He needs to be more vocal like Stegen was. He needs to say this team is playing like shit and take responsibility. I want to hear thus from Messi. No more backing Valverde.

He's not a leader. Never was, never will be. He wasn't vocal, didn't understand our underlying issues after back to back humiliating losses in the CL.

Messi can talk about how desperate he is to win the CL, but the lack of self-criticism from him and hiding from the press letting new guys like de Jong talk to the press isn't indicative of a man that knows what our issues are, or a man that want to take some responsibility.

Some people are going to get butthurt now, but as Ernie says, it is what it is.

serghei

6 months I been waiting. 6 months. For you to name me one +30 yr old footballer in history that runs around defending like crazy, does all the teams dribbling, creates all the chances, scores most of the goals. Just give me one.

Lol, you were serious about that? Messi has the poorest work rate and off the ball movement form all top forwards probably. Lewndowski, Aguero, Benzema, Ronaldo, all of these forwards move more and are more active off the ball in general.

Nobody expects top numbers for him in this regard, this big flaw of Messi's game was even more evident than usual.

Check this out. Just looked on UEFA.

Lewandowski has averaged 10,48km / 90 mins so far in CL.

Messi is on an abysmal 7,75 km / 90 mins. This means that Lewandowski runs in 2 games about the distance Messi runs in 3. :lol:

And consider that Messi is playing in an attacking midfielder role, which usually requires more off the ball movement and work rate than CF role.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
You've posted numerous times today attacking Messi. You call him average when he was clearly one of the best players out there along with MATS and Semedo. In contrast you described Ronaldos performance against Holland, where he literally did fuck all as and I quote 'a good game.'

Had Ron played identical to Messi today I would bet my house on you singing his praises till the cows come home.

Nothing unexpected though. I'd knew you'd be angry after your boy failed to grab the stat pad against Lokomotiv. Calma Calma te amo Ronaldo.

Nah, man, Messi was average. Semedo and Stegen were decent, others were shit, Messi was average.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Has this been posted yet?

"Messi becomes the first player in history to score in 15 consecutive UCL seasons. Also joins Raul and Cristiano Ronaldo for the record of scoring against 33 different opponents in UCL."

[tw]1187084499189940229[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans