Lionel Messi - v7

olivis

He was still our best player this season. People saying he should be out for the sake of the club are mad!

If he wants to go then yes sure, but the club should certainly not try get rid of him.

JamDav1982

He was still our best player this season. People saying he should be out for the sake of the club are mad!

If he wants to go then yes sure, but the club should certainly not try get rid of him.

If he wants to stay then it needs to be for the good of club.

His amigos leave and he plays a role as given to him by the coach. He rests when told to and does not comment on transfers and on training, coaches etc.

The club are not trying to force him out. He knows that and that is why this is happening.

Batistuta9

If he wants to stay then it needs to be for the good of club.

His amigos leave and he plays a role as given to him by the coach. He rests when told to and does not comment on transfers and on training, coaches etc.

The club are not trying to force him out. He knows that and that is why this is happening.

What are the chances that what you've listed will happen. Unlikely in my opinion. If he doesn't agree, isn't it better for the club that he leaves for a smaller fee?

JamDav1982

What are the chances that what you've listed will happen. Unlikely in my opinion. If he doesn't agree, isn't it better for the club that he leaves for a smaller fee?

Well then he needs to be sold or as much money as possible as I said.

Failing that revoke contract and let him go to smaller league as was agreed could before June.

Barca are much bigger than Messi and club comes first. Legend or not.

JamDav1982

I would. I think this is the right time to move on from Messi. We need to build a more balanced team which will be difficult if Messi stays.

Ok so you say he should move then as a detriment to the team as believe he wont agree to those conditions.

Did not think that was your position on it.

KingLeo10

Sell to City.

If he?s gone all other amigos are gone.

He can also have runners at City and a manger who just might wake him up into playing tactically or retire him.

Best for both parties.

Batistuta9

Ok so you say he should move then as a detriment to the team as believe he wont agree to those conditions.

Did not think that was your position on it.

He can still be excellent, just not for us. If he was placed in a well functioning team, he could be the cherry on top as he still possesses the most quality in football. We need to be become a functional team again and start from scratch.

olivis

He can still be excellent, just not for us. If he was placed in a well functioning team, he could be the cherry on top as he still possesses the most quality in football. We need to be become a functional team again and start from scratch.

He needs someone to tell him to work for the team again.

He would never play in the current Bayern team, which is all about teamwork, pressing, communication.

Even their star Lewandowski runs for the team, tracks back, goes wide to create space for others, etc.

xxxxxx

In actual good team, Messi would destroy any team. He's been playing in a very aging and average Barcelona team for years. I honestly feel he lost motivation to play under those idiots 2 years ago but stayed due to being loyal.

Judoman

Messi has been our best ever player. If he wants to go, I say just let him go, don't obstruct it with a high fee. It'll be best for him and us.

The truth is the younger players won't be able to grow with Messi in the team as they'll always see passing the ball to Messi as the easy option. They need to take risks and develop. We won't be able to fully rebuild with Messi still here.

With the right coach this wouldn't happen. Don't put on him what is essentially a responsibility of a coach. The fact that we played "all balls go to Messi" concept is a sign of a bad organizational structure and that means that coach is not
up to the task. If you have a goat player in the team he will solve a lot of your tactical and structural mistakes, but not all of them and it will make your team play in a predictable fashion.
Sounds familiar right?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
In actual good team, Messi would destroy any team. He's been playing in a very aging and average Barcelona team for years. I honestly feel he lost motivation to play under those idiots 2 years ago but stayed due to being loyal.

That why he supported EV?

shadows

My two cents would be yes we need to phase Messi out but getting rid of him right now is just counter productive. He can still be very good with the right set up. But we need 10 hardworking players around him, not like-minded others who dont work hard either like Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, Pique etc. We have to get rid of all this other crap we are saddled with before Messi for me.

malvolio

My two cents would be yes we need to phase Messi out but getting rid of him right now is just counter productive. He can still be very good with the right set up. But we need 10 hardworking players around him, not like-minded others who dont work hard either like Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, Pique etc. We have to get rid of all this other crap we are saddled with before Messi for me.

exactly. we have the best player on the planet for quite some time and instead of working to maximize his potential we fucked up.

imagine messi in the muller role, with sane on the left, gnabry on right and lewa as CF. with goretzka and thiago behind him. not to mention both fullbacks bombing on the wings.

Home of Barca Fans