Lionel Messi - v7

eaman

Some of those are media bullshit probably.

But yes, he's lost some of that spark he had. It's normal though. Not all players can motivate themselves like crazy for 10+ years. Messi is more of a family man these days. Not his fault the club has no backbone and no plan.

What he does in La Liga is incredible. When he'll retire we'd have won almost 40% of our championships in Spain during Messi. I think 12 La Ligas is feasible for him.

The letdown overall is the Champions League. Could've won more, but you can't do it all.

Yes your right one man can't do it all because it's a team sport. Messi did his part last year in the champions league but was let down by his teammates

KingLeo10

Some of those are media bullshit probably.

But yes, he's lost some of that spark he had. It's normal though. Not all players can motivate themselves like crazy for 10+ years. Messi is more of a family man these days. Not his fault the club has no backbone and no plan.

What he does in La Liga is incredible. When he'll retire we'd have won almost 40% of our championships in Spain during Messi. I think 12 La Ligas is feasible for him.

The letdown overall is the Champions League. Could've won more, but you can't do it all.

Does Gento have the overall record at 11 or 12?

Leo_Messi

Does Gento have the overall record at 11 or 12?

Gento is the record holder with 12 La Liga wins. However those wins occurred over a span of 18 season and in another era completely with much, much weaker and lesser (in terms of the number of genuine rivals) rivals for RM than what Barça has faced since Messi's 2004-05 debut season. Not even comparable. Hence the total domination of RM domestically in the 1960's.

Makes our trophy haul and Messi's even more impressive given how competitive football is today. The European Cup of old (that Gento won 6 times - a record as well) was a joke compared to the CL of the last 20-30 years.

However a win is a win and people might say the same thing about Messi and Barça in 50 years time, who knows?

abbbs97

Messi is slowly losing points in my eyes

1. Dropping deep, doing whatever he wants on a field
2. Never want to rest
3. Keeping Suarez
4. Keeping EV, even though we agreed there to some extent
5. Not wanting Griezmann due to Neymar
6. Wanting Neymar

What's next?

This is not Fc Barcelona anymore but Fc Messi and friends.

Why are you always criticizing Barca's best ever player and someone who has done so much for us while always defending a finished and a liability player like Rakitic?

ah and look who liked this post. One of the biggest trolls on here and a fake Barca and Messi fan 'Never_Forget40'. Its funny to see honestly :lol:

BBZ8800

Why are you always criticizing Barca's best ever player and someone who has done so much for us while always defending a finished and a liability player like Rakitic?

ah and look who liked this post. One of the biggest trolls on here and a fake Barca and Messi fan 'Never_Forget40'. Its funny to see honestly :lol:

Messi is the best ever.
So, he don't have any flaws?

Are we not allowed to say that he doesn't move off the ball?
Or that he is sulking sometimes?
Or that he is not making a pressure on opponents anymore?
Or that he has too much influence in a club and in tactics?

It is not black and white.

Liability is a subjective view.
For you Raki is a liability.
For me it is Busi.
Or Arthur in attack.
Or Semedo in attack.
Or Dembele anywhere on a field.

About Raki, I have said that he is slow, old and not the greatest in Barca's style.
He has some other virtues, though.

eaman

Messi is the best ever.
So, he don't have any flaws?

Are we not allowed to say that he doesn't move off the ball?
Or that he is sulking sometimes?
Or that he is not making a pressure on opponents anymore?
Or that he has too much influence in a club and in tactics?

It is not black and white.

Liability is a subjective view.
For you Raki is a liability.
For me it is Busi.
Or Arthur in attack.
Or Semedo in attack.
Or Dembele anywhere on a field.

About Raki, I have said that he is slow, old and not the greatest in Barca's style.
He has some other virtues, though.

But he does make runs off the ball. Maybe not alot but I've seen plenty that are not picked out. I remember one match last year where he gave out to rakitic for not finding him. And are you sure Messi has any influence on tactics and other things. You read too many false headlines

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Messi Backed Valverde - Valverde stays
Messi wants Neymar - Clubs doing everything they can to get him.

I'd say he has quite a weighting regardless of the truth to those rumors.

Another Ronaldo interview, another unneccessary, unprovoked and uncalled for sly insult at Messi. Though I admire that Messi always decides to take the higher ground and keep a dignified silence, there is a small part of me that wants him to put him in his place. Maybe the new outspoken Leo will surprise us.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Is he trying to stay relevant? He always seemed to me as the type who release copulation tapes to remain relevant.

CatalinR10

Another Ronaldo interview, another unneccessary, unprovoked and uncalled for sly insult at Messi. Though I admire that Messi always decides to take the higher ground and keep a dignified silence, there is a small part of me that wants him to put him in his place. Maybe the new outspoken Leo will surprise us.

what did he say ?

eaman

Messi Backed Valverde - Valverde stays
Messi wants Neymar - Clubs doing everything they can to get him.

I'd say he has quite a weighting regardless of the truth to those rumors.

I'm sure alot of players backed valverde but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be happy with another manager. Captains always those kinds of things. Also most other players at the club want neymar and a few have said it. Who wouldn't want someone of neymar ability playing beside them. Anyway that is not having pull at a club. If Messi said get this manager and that player that would be pull. He has a right to speak his mind. The thing is people think he has a massive influence on everything when he doesn't really. They said he picked who he wanted to play with for Argentina when that was completely untrue. Do you think he wanted some of those odd selections those Argentina managers made. Guys who got games again even after squandering all the chances Messi made for them.

Home of Barca Fans