Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

But seriously, something has to be done by billionaires from the Middle East. Too many shady deals going on under the table.

You either scrap FFP altogether or you actually take it seriously. Like.... how can Man City have a net spend over nearly 700m in the last 4 years and be allowed in regards to FFP? The same goes for PSG.

Why you don't say MU ?

Nazario1985

The case isn't going to UEFA but the general assembly

Ok first look for the term you are using; general assembly alone means nothing.

Two again nobody cares about ANYTHING FCB said 3 years ago and will for sure not care about anything FCB will be saying after this fiasco.

They better stfu or Tebas will be ordering a financial comity to look into FCB books and god save us after that.

Nazario1985

But seriously, something has to be done by billionaires from the Middle East. Too many shady deals going on under the table.

You either scrap FFP altogether or you actually take it seriously. Like.... how can Man City have a net spend over nearly 700m in the last 4 years and be allowed in regards to FFP? The same goes for PSG.

You do realize it was LL regulations this time ?

El Gato

Villarato!
It is a blackmail yes but within its rights. La Liga regulations mean that Bar?a couldn't sign Messi. Only if he was willing to make a special exception, which is linked with CVC signing, would Bar?a be able to renew Messi.

Beggars aren't choosers.

However, i think there will be something huge arising soon with the 3 bosses of Juve, Real and Bar?a meeting during this period of Tebas strong arming, Messi leaving and PL + oil clubs ruling the market. They can't stay there doing nothing and it will explode soon.

Is it within its rights?
Something doesn't seem quite right there.
Super League stance shouldn't really affect the application of rules.

Gaudi

Nah.... we're trying to prevent PSG from signing Messi. I mean, we do have a point. How can they possibly afford him in regards to FFP? They just signed 4 players with big signing-on fees and salaries. They're looking to sign Koulibaly. They have several players who are already on 200k to 600k a week. It's absolute madness they're allowed to sign Messi.

Easy, FFP is a joke and it doesn't "investigate" owners, only clubs.
In Croatia Chinese are building big bridge one the coast, is it profitable for them? No! But they play geopolitical card and on long run it could be. For now chinese government is basically paying for it. when you buy from Alibaba shipment is either free of some symbolic value, it is not: chinese are paying it.

Same goes in football: PSG needs 300 mills to look good in the books? No problem, Ney and Mbappe do a 3 second commercial and sheikh gives 300 mills to the club. Everything is in order!

xxxxxx

It is because Bar?a have been butting head with PSG on the market. They wanted TS and Marquinhos who ended up at PSG. They wanted Verratti. PSG took Neymar and soon Messi.

City and Chelsea are not competing for the same targets with Bar?a. Hence why they don't care if they spend 115 millions on Grealish.

That.... and no other teams are dumb enough to pay 100m plus for Grealish. He'll end up flopping and he'll be sold in a year or 2 for half that.

Also, we can't get the players you can get because you have a billionaire owner and can offer way more wages than we can. We have to stick to the rules. The only 2 teams that can compete with you is Chelsea and City. That's why you won't go into a bidding with those 2 teams. You pick on the teams that can't compete with you.

Messigician

Ok first look for the term you are using; general assembly alone means nothing.

Two again nobody cares about ANYTHING FCB said 3 years ago and will for sure not care about anything FCB will be saying after this fiasco.

They better stfu or Tebas will be ordering a financial comity to look into FCB books and god save us after that.

Too late Barca have commenced legal proceedings with PSG

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I can see them giving him an honorary role at the club, like a mascot. But does anything about Messi even remotely strike you like he's a dude can run an administrative position with loads of responsiblity?

I don’t, I don’t see him working behind a desk either in an administrative role within the club or as a commentator for TV broadcast etc., nor do I see him as a coach or a manager. That’s why I think with the club his most plausible role is the club ambassador role.

CatalinR10

E8RNZ-YWEAMofUm

I thank you GOAT.

Porque

We need to make a distinction between Barcelona socios and FC Barcelona going after PSG, which Messigician posts are claiming. The socios are not the club.

FC Barcelona are not going after PSG, but FCB/Real Madrid/Juve WILL go after UEFA and LaLiga.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We need to make a distinction between Barcelona socios and FC Barcelona going after PSG, which Messigician posts are claiming. The socios are not the club.

FC Barcelona are not going after PSG, but FCB/Real Madrid/Juve WILL go after UEFA and LaLiga.

And I have a feeling they will fail and Agnelli, Laporta and Florentino might all have to collectively resign if they go to war with UEFA and LaLiga.

Yannik

I don’t, I don’t see him working behind a desk either in an administrative role within the club or as a commentator for TV broadcast etc., nor do I see him as a coach or a manager. That’s why I think with the club his most plausible role is the club ambassador role.

Yeah, I'm with you. And even in an ambassador role, he'd rather be the face than the mouth. They'd not let him actually negotiate stuff.

Home of Barca Fans