Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

Me neither. But when you think about it, there's no difference. This does put pressure on the league.

Barca and Messi had two options (if true both willing to extand): they either announce it now and hope to pressure the league into giving in, or they wait and try to sort it out via selling and stuff. They knew the latter most likely wouldn't work so decided to go with the first option. If Tebas doesn't concede, the stateme t stands.

This is the only way sponsors would threaten to pull out. It had it be done this way

suckabov

Lemon curry?
However, I don't think that was not the intent of the club announcing Messi would leave.

Perhaps not, but they had to be aware that putting out that statement with that particular wording will put all the pressure possible anyway, from fans, investors, other la liga clubs, TV audiences. And they accepted that, otherwise they wouldn't have even gone into the la liga subject in the statement before the presser. To say now, "oh no no, this is not a ploy to pressure Tebas" is really simple and sounds like they're playing dumb (even though hard to draw anything from that tweet without further context).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Me neither. But when you think about it, there's no difference. This does put pressure on the league.

Barca and Messi had two options (if true both willing to extand): they either announce it now and hope to pressure the league into giving in, or they wait and try to sort it out via selling and stuff. They knew the latter most likely wouldn't work so decided to go with the first option. If Tebas doesn't concede, the stateme t stands.

Possible but not likely, in my opinion. If that (putting pressure on La Liga to crack) is what they were aiming for, I'd think at the very least the club and Messi would release a joint statement, not something like today's that allegedly caught Messi by surprise.

I don't want Messi to leave (now) but at the same time I don't want the club to pull any risky stunts/shenanigans that will jeopardize our reputation and brand. They'd better not.

Messigician

Possible but not likely, in my opinion. If that (putting pressure on La Liga to crack) is what they were aiming for, I'd think at the very least the club and Messi would release a joint statement, but something like today's that allegedly caught Messi by surprise.

I don't want Messi to leave (now) but at the same time I don't want the club to pull any risky stunts/shenanigans that will jeopardize our reputation and brand. They'd better not.

There's no honour in any of this

Joan

Possible but not likely, in my opinion. If that (putting pressure on La Liga to crack) is what they were aiming for, I'd think at the very least the club and Messi would release a joint statement, but something like today's that allegedly caught Messi by surprise.

If the league doesn't give in, Messi leaves and the club's statement checks out.

On the other hand, if the league cracks, we sign Messi under new circumstances.

Don't think this harms Barca's brand all that much.

Home of Barca Fans