Lionel Messi - v7

Joan

It's still a significant difference as all players took paycuts due to COVID. Messi might have waived some of those bonuses as well.

My point is: Context is important and these foreign journalists eating up El Mundo's story don't care about it. I'm not sure most of them even read the story.

Sure it's a difference. Did Messi take the paycut? If not, I'd guess he's highly into the 500+ area.

Regarding that journalist, I saw last night it was a nonstory, but still posted. Anyways, looking forward to seeing some more details of the contract. Because I've seen various interpretations today, some even go to suggest we'd be paying him more, but over 3 additional years so it looks like a 50 (30, whatever) % paycut. And yes, it surely won't be a constant fee.

soul24rage

Sure it's a difference. Did Messi take the paycut? If not, I'd guess he's highly into the 500+ area.

Regarding that journalist, I saw last night it was a nonstory, but still posted. Anyways, looking forward to seeing some more details of the contract. Because I've seen various interpretations today, some even go to suggest we'd be paying him more, but over 3 additional years so it looks like a 50 (30, whatever) % paycut. And yes, it surely won't be a constant fee.

During Covid, every Barca player took a 70% pay cut.

Think the players also contributed extra so that non playing staff's salary has not been reduced.

clemente

I wonder if his quality will drop off significantly compared to other season "declines", since people always argue that him never winning anything with NT is a big reason why he had the motivation to perform for over the decade.

KingLeo10

I wonder if his quality will drop off significantly compared to other season "declines", since people always argue that him never winning anything with NT is a big reason why he had the motivation to perform for over the decade.

He will be even more motivated and play more free flowing football.

MTL_Barca

I think winning something with the NT was always more of a burden for Messi than a motivation. At least with Argentina he won't have nearly as much pressure now.

Alik

Messi breaks another record, this time on social media! The picture he posted on Instagram with the Copa Am?rica trophy, as of now, has over 19.3 million 'likes' which has become the most "liked" sports publication in the history of Instagram (via @DiarioOle)

E6XZ5iyXoAA8sE-

He is loved.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In the 19/20 season the paycut the players took was not based on their entire year's salary, which would have been huge. If my memory served me correctly, we only saved around 30m or so in wages from the entire squad due to actual paycut, not that much.

Rassvet

I have never seen anyone argue that before. If anything, it's the opposite in that people have questioned whether he is motivated enough with Argentina.

khaled_a_d

In the 19/20 season the paycut the players took was not based on their entire year's salary, which would have been huge. If my memory served me correctly, we only saved around 30m or so in wages from the entire squad due to actual paycut, not that much.

I think it was for the stoppage period.

Kul_z

My man after copa win sky rocketed in popularity, hype is real lmao. Living legend and still the best player in the world. Cant believe that first balon d'or was in 2009 and he is probably getting another one 12 years later. My man

FinBarcelonafan

My man after copa win sky rocketed in popularity, hype is real lmao. Living legend and still the best player in the world. Cant believe that first balon d'or was in 2009 and he is probably getting another one 12 years later. My man

There are a lot of haters(Ronaldo fans) but most of the football fans love Messi. He is genius in the end.

Of course, Ronaldo is genius of headers, running and penalties.

Home of Barca Fans