Lionel Messi - v7

The last four goals conceded by Argentina in recent games were due to big individual errors by defenders (two from Otamendi).
Argentina could have won today.. Gonzalez wasted two easy chances (1vs1), and Palacio refused to score a so easy goal in front of the empty net!
I hope they'll get luckier in the next games.

FinBarcelonafan

The last four goals conceded by Argentina in recent games were due to big individual errors by defenders (two from Otamendi).
Argentina could have won today.. Gonzalez wasted two easy chances (1vs1), and Palacio refused to score a so easy goal in front of the empty net!
I hope they'll get luckier in the next games.

True. They need to get rid of those defensive errors. Otherwise they could be very solid team. You can't give penalty in every game or take a red card.

clemente

Man PR7 is so lucky to have this insane Portugese squad, Messi is literally surrounded by 10 squares, last good player he had in NT was Mascherano years ago

raskolnikov

Argentina sucks though. Its basically Paco Jemez Rayo with Messi.
Not a collective since 2014 with a barca type "save us leo" approach to football.
They will never win anything till they sort it out and start playing like a team.

Hardy

having a proper manager would help...not sure how Scaloni still there, actually I'm not sure how the fuck he became manager of Argentina. I guess he'll not survive to another flop.

FinBarcelonafan

Argentina sucks though. Its basically Paco Jemez Rayo with Messi.
Not a collective since 2014 with a barca type "save us leo" approach to football.
They will never win anything till they sort it out and start playing like a team.

I've seen a lot of their games past 2-3 years, this team is much better than previous teams. Sort out the defense and finish their chances and you have a good team.

Previous years it was Messi doing everything for them. Now they don't rely on him as much and they can actually create something without him.

xxxxxx

Messi has never really had a truly great team or manager around him with Argentina. The 2014 team was okay, but even their midfield and defense weren't that great.

He played great last night. If he had decent teammates around him, Argentina would have won by 3 last night.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
These guys almost lost out on qualifying to the World Cup in the few matches Messi was suspended or injured.

No way they'll win anything without him. Not unless they get a top class head coach like Pekerman at his best again. But AFA is too much politics and too corrupt for any top class guy to touch that job.

Messigician

Laporta: "There will be more signings. We will do many exchanges with other clubs where there are many players that may interest us."

Oh shit swap deals happening

Home of Barca Fans