Lionel Messi - v7

Raketa10

President Laporta: "After greeting the people at the club tomorrow, I will call Messi. Will I convince him? It will depend on him, I will do what I can within the economic possibilities of the club." [rac1]

You see how his tune changed ,before he won it was "if I win messi will definitely stay" now it's ,"it will depend on him and I will do what I can with the economic possibilities of the club" ,that's basically saying if messi decides to leave they will say all he wants is money

Nothing wrong in what he said. He will make the best offer he can and if Messi decides to leave it's on him. I would do the same. It's the only fair thing to do.

Sorin

Nothing wrong in what he said. He will make the best offer he can and if Messi decides to leave it's on him. I would do the same. It's the only fair thing to do.

Yeah, not sure what people fret so much about. Laporta will offer him everything we can in these circumstances. If Messi wants another 500m contract then that is not possbile, no matter how much Laporta wants him to renew.

Marshall D Teach

Yes. Laporta will give him a fair deal and if he doesn't take it, he is free to leave.

He absolutely cannot expect not to take a huge pay cut, no matter where he goes. I'm not even sure those super rich chinese clubs could match his current wages.

He also can't expect a 5 year contract unless he's going to a retirement league.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Quite a quick turn of pace from dropping Messi name at any given opportunity and hinting at stay while claiming brings in 300m a season to now saying can only offer what can due to financial constraints and up to him if accepts it.

Marshall D Teach

Quite a quick turn of pace from dropping Messi name at any given opportunity and hinting at stay while claiming brings in 300m a season to now saying can only offer what can due to financial constraints and up to him if accepts it.

Yeah Laporta dug himself into a bit of a hole there. Overpromised during his campaign. I hope he doesn't lose too much political capital if Messi leaves.

I don't think it was necessary to win either. His opposition was a joke.

Sorin

Good signs then. He knows our current financial situation and won't try to jeopardize it even more. For that to happen he had to win the elections, mentioning Messi's renewal simply helped him win them. I'm confident the socios who voted for him were aware of our situation.

Marshall D Teach

I still maintain that Messi leaving last summer would have been better for us than him leaving this summer. Would have saved a year of his wages which is probably enough for Haaland's transfer fee and Barto would have taken all of the fallout.

Porque

The terms of the Messi offer has to be within the financial capacity of FC Barcelona. Completely logical.

Also logical to assume that the best chance of Messi staying is with Laporta. If anything with Messi, he seems to have a loyalty to the periods of success in his career. Be it the emergence with Laporta or playing under Pep.

Besides did Laporta say Messi would stay if he is elected, or were they media leaks?

Hardy

just saying, there still a chance that offer Laporta will do to him will be anyway higher than City or PSG, even with the current financial capacity. I always find unrealistic that 34yold Messi goes to City or PSG to take a wage by far (let's say the double?) higher than the highest paid player in those teams.

vuji_31

Well , f*** him if he still wants 100 mil per season and sigining bonus.

Lewa is payed 20mil.

He is 34 years old.

His contract needs to be menaged.

It is fair for both. If not then offload him and bring Haaland

Home of Barca Fans