Lionel Messi - v7

Blackened

Ive got a feeling of a 3-0 win with two open play goals from Leo. Meeting Cristiano will get him all fired up. Expect a Messi masterclass tonight.

KingLeo10

Y'all jokers really think this "defense" will be able to defend corners/headers from CR7?

:crbust:

They'll score 2. We'll probably score 2 as well.

Birdy

I love how you throw out the ad hominem claim like some victim when you clearly don't understand how logical fallacies work, else you wouldn't have strawmaned my entire premise with Salah. I never, ever said he was "given a pass by Klopp from pressing," and then you presume that I haven't watched a Liverpool match from this fallacy. Sound logic.

I tend not to waste time with presumptuous and pompous individuals like yourself. I've watched plenty of Liverpool matches considering my best friend in the US is a Liverpool fan and we have watched countless matches together. I said that he has freedom on the pitch to roam in a way similar to Messi. It Is clear as day he presses more than Messi does but he has less defensive responsibilities than the other forwards, which is why Bobby's goal to game ratio isn't the greatest.

The bottom line is you sound like an asshole and maybe if you changed your tone, people would want to have an actual discussion with you, like me and serghei were having until you rudely and falsely called one of my posts "out-of-place" like you are the final authority of this forum or something.

Sorry mate, but in only one post you managed to insult me like 4 times ("presumptous" "pompous" "like an asshhole" "rude"), when i said that your premise is 'out-of-place'.
Which tone sounds more insulting to you?
I bet, despite all the things you say about me, you cannot find a single post of mine calling names any other user here.
I attack opinions, arguments, points, and not other people.
There is a crucial difference there. I hope you agree on that.

Now, about the crux of the issue, I say you are wrong.
You are confusing his advanced position when Liverpool are defending deep with his duties.
Salah does not have any kind of freedom on the pitch. He presses relentlessly either the LB or the LCB or the DM of the opposition and he stops only when his area of responsibility ceases - and another teammate's (bobby, mane or so else) area of responsibility starts.
Exactly the same as Mane does on the other flank.

Hence the analogy you try to draw with Messi is misplaced to begin with, even if it is just an analogy and not an equation

Home of Barca Fans