Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

You're sounding even more retarded trying to explain yourself.

Messi wasn't just in the top 3 in 2018-19, he was the clear cut best player in both La Liga and the Champions League, there is no debate.

Last season only Lewandowski had better production. I also think KDB has a good argument over him because of the production and overall contributions but other then that no one was clearly better.

So top 3? Because you just posted reasons why Lewa or KDB may be preferred lmfao

Fati_Future_BallonDor

1. Lewandowski
2. Kimmich
3. Salah/Thiago ?

Messi has started really well in 19/20, exceptional performances against Atletico, Dortmund and many other teams. He turned to trash after Valverde has gone. Against Neapel he played one fantastic half but somehow he was invisible in the second one.

Birdy

Messi has started really well in 19/20, exceptional performances against Atletico, Dortmund and many other teams. He turned to trash after Valverde has gone. Against Neapel he played one fantastic half but somehow he was invisible in the second one.

Yup, he turned to trash when he lost his Yesman who was protecting the Amigos and letting them not train...

But he had declined already before. Serious observers had seen that since 2016 gradually every year. 18/19 was the last flare/glimmer of his past self

FinBarcelonafan

1. Lewandowski
2. Kimmich
3. Salah/Thiago ?

He got pretty badly kicked to leg in the Napoli game for the penalty.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
waiting for the wave of "nobody is absolved of criticism" excuses from these entitled little bitches. they go from criticizing to down right shitting on messi for any reason possible. every topic in here is plagued by the messi discussion in one way or the other.

player under performing - messi's fault. transfer is a failure - messi's fault. manager is out of his depth - messi's fault. board takes stupid decisions - messi's fault. we play like shit - messi's fault. weakest squad in years - messi's fault etc etc

don't know why most of them don't fuck off to liverpool/bayern/next flavor of the year football club forums.

This part makes no sense. Fans of players exclusively (as opposed to club fans) tend to move around, not the other way around.

serghei

1. Lewandowski
2. Kimmich
3. Salah/Thiago ?

He turned to trash in the most important part of the season. And some clueless fanboys wanna push the agenda that he was top 3 or something? :lol: Fucking hilarious.

Against Napoli he had 1 great half, and 3 crap ones. And Napoli are a Europa League level team -> check where they're playing now. Against Bayern he was absolutely appalling, walking on the field like he was strolling in the park.

Last edited:

sikkboy

Lol, about 3-4 players at Liverpool and Bayern had better seasons and it's not even close. Messi scored his last relevant away goal at the start of December in 2019. How can you be top 10 as a forward when you don't score except against Eibar and such?

Also, his performance against Bayern was abject.

He was among the best in 2018-19, I'd say top 3. In 2019-20 his level dropped a lot. It's already 1.5 years since Messi was an elite player. With the last 5 months being terrible.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ths just shows you up, tbqh.

sikkboy

Lol. So, I put him in the top 3 with CL winners Van Dijk and Salah, best players of the best team in the world that year and it's still not good. :lol: You can't win against fanboys. I should know better.

They were excellent in a brilliantly functioning team. But Messi was clearly the stand-out that year. A couple of other posters have stated this, and his Balon d'oR seems to suggest that as well. As a BArca supporter I find it incredible really that you wouldn't have him at the pinnacle there, as it wasn't really an iffy decision to make. As I said it show you up for the agenda you have, for some reason. It's a actually a bit weird. I mean BBZ is just a straight up troll but you, well, you're a bit more subtle.

serghei

They were excellent in a brilliantly functioning team. But Messi was clearly the stand-out that year. A couple of other posters have stated this, and his Balon d'oR seems to suggest that as well. As a BArca supporter I find it incredible really that you wouldn't have him at the pinnacle there, as it wasn't really an iffy decision to make. As I said it show you up for the agenda you have, for some reason. It's a actually a bit weird. I mean BBZ is just a straight up troll but you, well, you're a bit more subtle.

There's a reason why the best players are usually the ones in the best teams that year. Messi's peak was also in the best team in Europe bar none, a golden generation, and that's hardly a surprise. It's a common denominator because a well functioning team (also players play a part in reaching that balance) improve the individual performances of players.

I think Van Dijk and Salah were both better than Messi in 2018-19, with Messi third. Liverpool's best defender and their main offensive man deserve more credit. That's how I see it anyway. I have no problem if people think Messi was the best in the world in 2018-19. It's not a baseless opinion, because he was great in that season.

Top 3 in 2019-2020 is baseless though, no doubt. Nowhere near.

Mitchell1978

He finished 4e in the Uefa Best player of the year award for 2019-20 recently, so him being 3e best isn't baseless at all, only to people with an agenda against him.

serghei

He finished 4e in the Uefa Best player of the year award for 2019-20 recently, so him being 3e best isn't baseless at all, only to people with an agenda against him.

I don't care about popularity contests. Never did, even when Cristiano Ronaldo was winning them, at the expense of Messi. Rarely use these metrics in my posts.

In this forum, there isn't a single Messi hater (at least among the long-term users) contrary to the belief of Messi's fanboys. Only principled Barca fans who put the club and the team first.

If Messi would line-up and lead the team every Barca fan would support him. Including me and BBZ.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans