Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

Some of the guys here should look at Napoli fans and how they are worshiping Maradona. On the other side people here are disrespecting Messi as much as it gets.

Napoli fans wouldnt be worshipping a Maradona on the pitch who is sulking, barely moves and wants to leave.

Barca fans will still 'worship' Messi after he is gone due to what he has done across his time.

Terrible comparison.

FinBarcelonafan

Lol, so you actually advocate worshipping football players? :lol: It's no disrespect to call a spade a spade. Nobody said he was a crap player at his best, just that his best days are long gone.

Exactly. We are just talking about his current level and motivation. It's no disrespect to his unbelievable past. It's a discussion forum in the end, if we wouldn't critize any player or anything, what would we talk here? It would be pointless. Everybody would just agree Messi is the GOAT.

JamDav1982

waiting for the wave of "nobody is absolved of criticism" excuses from these entitled little bitches. they go from criticizing to down right shitting on messi for any reason possible. every topic in here is plagued by the messi discussion in one way or the other.

player under performing - messi's fault. transfer is a failure - messi's fault. manager is out of his depth - messi's fault. board takes stupid decisions - messi's fault. we play like shit - messi's fault. weakest squad in years - messi's fault etc etc

don't know why most of them don't fuck off to liverpool/bayern/next flavor of the year football club forums.

Likewise could say those that just support Messi can follow him on when he leaves.

There are folk on here who still claim he is the best, who say club 'deserve' him to give up and not try and fuck club over etc.

Folk who ignore the issues Messi brings particularly this season as well as his talent on the ball are as bad as those like BBZ at other end of the argument.

Spare the 'its all Messis fault' argument... when just about every player gets blame, when board and coaches get blame. It is just some cant handle Messi getting blame as well to point they try to flip it as if only Messi gets blame.

Last edited:

serghei

lol, you're clearly not biased....

Lol, about 3-4 players at Liverpool and Bayern had better seasons and it's not even close. Messi scored his last relevant away goal at the start of December in 2019. How can you be top 10 as a forward when you don't score except against Eibar and such?

Also, his performance against Bayern was abject.

He was among the best in 2018-19, I'd say top 3. In 2019-20 his level dropped a lot. It's already 1.5 years since Messi was an elite player. With the last 5 months being terrible.

Last edited:

malvolio

Likewise could say those that just support Messi can follow him on when he leaves.

well tough luck bud, i've been a fan of this club way before messi joined. and i'm not the one raving day and night, in here, about how great other clubs are and what magnificent players they have.

There are folk on here who still claim he is the best, who say club 'deserve' him to give up and not try and fuck club over etc.

having claimed this a couple of months ago, doesn't make it true for eternity, does it? and yes, i think he earned the right to be treated fairly and be given a 'pass', to which both parties agreed initially but the board turned it around. you see it as fucking the club over - more bullshit, like always.

Folk who ignore the issues Messi brings particularly this season as well as his talent on the ball are as bad as those like BBZ at other end of the argument.

not saying to ignore those issues. but for him to be trashed in here like he's the plague of the club it's inexcusable.

Spare the 'its all Messis fault' argument... when just about every player gets blame, when board and coaches get blame. It is just some cant handle Messi getting blame as well to point they try to flip it as if only Messi gets blame.

after a loss, this topic is the most active, always. what other players get blamed for the squad selection, transfers, board decisions, club finances?

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
well tough luck bud, i've been a fan of this club way before messi joined. and i'm not the one raving day and night, in here, about how great other clubs are and what magnificent players they have.

having claimed this a couple of months ago, doesn't make it true for eternity, does it? and yes, i think he earned the right to be treated fairly and be given a 'pass', to which both parties agreed initially but the board turned it around. you see it as fucking the club over - more bullshit, like always.

not saying to ignore those issues. but for him to be trashed in here like he's the plague of the club it's inexcusable.

after a loss, this topic is the most active, always. what other players get blamed for the squad selection, transfers, board decisions, club finances?

running out of arguments are we? Great to see you in the defense mode, keep up the good work.

JamDav1982

Well tough luck to you bud when folk on here were fans before Messi and will be after as well. They wont go and support Bayern or Liverpool as you suggest.

Raving about how great other clubs are... you moan about Barca as much as anyone as far as I can see and quite justifiable to be pissed off at a lot just now anyway.

Yes anyone thinking the club 'deserve' Messi sulking and playing like has then point proven... Messi comes first for some.

The club not letting him leave for free as he is in a strop about Suarez leaving is not treating him 'unfairly'. No club is going to go against the contract and let the 'best player in the world' leave for free.

Too much trashing of Messi at times but also a lot of what is said is justifiable and how he impacts the team. Unless can only ever discuss positives which will never be the case.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Some of the guys here should look at Napoli fans and how they are worshiping Maradona. On the other side people here are disrespecting Messi as much as it gets.

Jesus Christ, Maradona died. We want Messi to be phased out because he has declined. How can you even put the two in the same argument?

Lol, about 3-4 players at Liverpool and Bayern had better seasons and it's not even close. Messi scored his last relevant away goal at the start of December in 2019. How can you be top 10 as a forward when you don't score except against Eibar and such?

He was among the best in 2018-19, I'd say top 3. In 2019-20 his level dropped a lot. It's already 1.5 years since Messi was an elite player. With the last 5 months being terrible.
In 18-19 he was the best ... he almost won the cl by himself if not for fucking valverde.... only morons and statistics fans would say there was players better or near his performance that year ....

Morten

9 out of 10 footballers are done at this age.
Except guys like Zlatan and CR7 who are physical beasts and motivated maniacs.

They both survived because they turned into some sort of targetmen in the box.
They don't dribble or sprint that much.
They don't rely on runs behind defense and pace.

They both rely on crosses/headers and smart movement in the box to get into a right place for a tap in.

Now:
1. Can Messi rely on crosses and headers like 195 cm tall Zlatan and 187 cm tall Cr7?
No
2. Can he rely on smart off the ball movement and tap ins?
Not really, he has never done that, since he was never on a receiving end of passes BUT the guy who was creating passes.
Zlatan and Cr7 are scoring tap ins for the last 10 years, Messi can barely score today.
3. Also, those two seem to be in a way better physical shape unlike Messi, so they had better chances to prolong their careers.

Messi basically don't know how to play anything else than a CAM role.
And yet he will be slower and slower each week and easier to tackle and dispossed which will lead to more and more counters and we will be killed by Messipendencia.
Not to mention his pressing and defending.

No offense to Messi, but I don't see how he could change his style and prolong his career.

That is a guy who doesn't allow you to bench him at 5:0 vs Levante.
He don't wanna change his CAM style, plus he'll be inefective as a striker due to his lost pace, being short and poor off the ball movement.

Messi as a striker is as crazy idea as him playing as Xavi.

He is a hybrid false 9-Cam and that's it.

And he don't have legs for it anymore.

You dont have to be big and strong to do well as a striker, Aguero is the prime example, and Messi as false 9.
Messi actually had plenty of physical attributes, despite not being thought of as a "physical player", he had insane acceleration and balance, his top speed was good too.
Furhtermore, his movement was underrated, sure he still started many attacks, but during the days of false 9 he made runs into the box too, and he had Xavi, Iniesta and Alves to pick him out, low crosses into the box was quite effective those days.

Its true he cant play that role anymore though, asking Messi to play striker today is indeed just a fantasy, he lost those physical attributes(and his finishing skills were way better back then) to play that role, dont see him doing anything else than CAM-role now.

What set Messi apart was the combination of top technical abilities and top physical abilities, he still has the former, but physically he looks done.

Mitchell1978

You're sounding even more retarded trying to explain yourself.

Messi wasn't just in the top 3 in 2018-19, he was the clear cut best player in both La Liga and the Champions League, there is no debate.

Last season only Lewandowski had better production. I also think KDB has a good argument over him because of the production and overall contributions but other then that no one was clearly better.

Home of Barca Fans