Lionel Messi - v7

kattanib

He is better suited as a supper sub, utilize whatever is left from his energy over the last 45 minutes and make real impact

Horatio

You're welcome
Or he hasn't got the stamina to play 90 minutes so he can put more into 45 mins.

He needs to stay high up the pitch though.

Any player plays better with fresh legs than not, but I am still not fully convinced of the narrative Messi can?t play 90 mins anymore. Had a handful of games this season already where he had a superior second half.

Ritchie

Any player plays better with fresh legs than not, but I am still not fully convinced of the narrative Messi can?t play 90 mins anymore. Had a handful of games this season already where he had a superior second half.

He can play 90 mins but he paces himself through it. He can put more into one half when fresh.

serghei

He can play it at his pace. But we need a higher rhythm from him, with fewer walking moments. So if you can trim his time once every 3-4 games and get a more active, intense Messi, it works best for everybody. It will also help us get used to playing without Messi which will help these players for when we'll not have Messi. Which will be soon.

serghei

It would be useful to see running stats. If him running when rested one half is about 50% of his total distance run in a full game. Or if it's higher. In other words, 5km in one half is better than 7-8 in two.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , The Best Fifa Football Player , Ballon D'or and Laureus award scores against Paraguay.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It would be useful to see running stats. If him running when rested one half is about 50% of his total distance run in a full game. Or if it's higher. In other words, 5km in one half is better than 8 in two.

There was a stat but I do not remember the exact number. It seemed higher than 50% of his usual 7-8km game.

serghei

The only difference today was that he scored, yall are just sleeping

No. Today he spent most of his time linking up with the guys up front, not asking the ball in the center. He needs to continue to do that, and not show up near De Jong and Busi/Pjanic.

He simply cannot drop deep and dribble 2-3 guys at a lightning pace like in 2011. It helped that Betis were more open, so we'll see if his better performance is because of that or not.

Home of Barca Fans