Ligue 1

JerseyAddict

So happy for Lille. "Small" club messin with richman's toys... Hahahaah.
Fantastic.

This means Barca can get Lille in the group stage? ;)

Bobo32

Yeah, I think by slowing down you are handing the "power" to the Goalkeeper. You are reducing the actual shot power so are relying more on the goalkeeper moving first. The goalkeeper just needs to wait and respond. It may all be bro-science but I reckon data backs up our beliefs.

It's a good way to be "unpredictable" in tempo and decide more when the shot is taken, making it harder for the keeper. I think brosciencely that it works better in training, but worse in games.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's a good way to be "unpredictable" in tempo and decide more when the shot is taken, making it harder for the keeper. I think brosciencely that it works better in training, but worse in games.

The thing is, general consensus amongst players is that being able to decide more where to take the shot is a bad thing more often than not. It leads to overthinking many times.

Bobo32

The thing is, general consensus amongst players is that being able to decide more where to take the shot is a bad thing more often than not. It leads to overthinking many times.

Hehe, I remember getting that tip in a game, aged eleven...

It's the consensus in low-level football, and what you say goes with my point, even great players will be a bit nervous in games.
I believe a good player like Neymar will be slightly more succesful with that strategy in training, but less succesful with it in games.

Home of Barca Fans