Liga Round 26: Athletic Bilbao - Barca 0-0

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Messi983

You didn't miss anything; will be so glad when this season's over and we have a new coach who actually knows what he's doing.

Pretty sure people were saying the same over the past few coaching changes and somehow it keeps getting worse.

Anyway, I'll take a point. At least we kept 8 points difference to Bilbao. Could be living in quite dangerous waters if they would get to -5 with a win last night. I know they will focus more on the Copa final than league but they would clearly take their chance to get closer and possibly overtake us if we would drop more points which will surely happen with our upcoming schedule. Three of four away games are against AM, RM and Girona but hell, even winning at Cadiz who is fighting for their life is far from a given.

Horatio

You're welcome
the weirdest thing of all, Ter Stegen had nothing to do. So either Bilbao were really bad and couldn't complete their attacks as intended or our organization in defense has improved. I do feel players defensively seem more focused as pressure of winning la liga seems to be lowered as we are not favourites anymore to win it and Xavi announced resignation, which is not a good mental quality to have honestly.

A point at San Mames isn't too bad all things considered. But we needed the win to still have a shot at the title. Pedri and Frenkie injuries did hurt us bad. Win was definitely in the cards and thus disappointed as to the outcome.

Porque

Bilbao had 7 changes 3 days rest and missed their most explosive player in Nico.

It is normal they weren't at their best. We notoriously suffer from CL hangover even with a day or two more rest.

In isolation it is a decent result, but not if you evaluate the complete context. Including Madrid's result.

I think the only thing we lacked, bar the lack of intensity and offensive ideas which is a Xavi norm this season, is that their was no movement upfront. Roque could helped their.

Bilbao basically played a deep containment bar a few offences. The onus was on us to try and break it.

It is what it is.

Horatio

You're welcome
Bilbao had 7 changes 3 days rest and missed their most explosive player in Nico.
People putting too much stock in this player since his goal against us in minute '121 of the copa game all of a sudden Have you seen his stats? Bilbao is much more than him.

But granted, the lack of rest would have been a big factor.

Porque

People putting too much stock in this player since his goal against us in minute '121 of the copa game all of a sudden Have you seen his stats? Bilbao is much more than him.

But granted, the lack of rest would have been a big factor.

I'm thinking more in terms of pace to attack and counter. Similar to us with Dembele.

Not having Nico allowed us to play a higher line.

The only speed they had was Inaki, who himself seemed a little fatigued. But beyond that is very forgivable to say the least if he does break through.

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm thinking more in terms of pace to attack and counter. Similar to us with Dembele.

Not having Nico allowed us to play a higher line.

The only speed they had was Inaki, who himself seemed a little fatigued. But beyond that is very forgivable to say the least if he does break through.
Yes you’re right on nico providing depth, but figured inaki also does that.

But still somewhat surprised as to bilbaos performance. They play at home against us who let’s face it are not in best shape. But I guess then their schedule hit them harder than would have imagined I guess.

Ter Stegen nothing to do at San Mames with bilbao as good as they are being coached against a barca in supposed shambles is pretty crazy.

malvolio

The fuck you trying to do here @Horatio?! Trying to spin the narrative that somehow yesterday wasn't that bad?

It was a cluster fuck and our season in a nutshell, bar some major mistake in defense which was mostly due to Bilbao being tired/misisng players.

No idea on how to attack or create something. Two of our starting mids injured and Xavi looking clueless as ever.

Does it matter if it's a point or none? We just don't look like a team that's going places, we never did all season.

I'm starting to think Napoli will eliminate us next week from CL. At least that will probably save us form complete obliteration in the next round vs a top team.

Horatio

You're welcome
The fuck you trying to do here @Horatio?! Trying to spin the narrative that somehow yesterday wasn't that bad?

It was a cluster fuck and our season in a nutshell, bar some major mistake in defense which was mostly due to Bilbao being tired/misisng players.

No idea on how to attack or create something. Two of our starting mids injured and Xavi looking clueless as ever.

Does it matter if it's a point or none? We just don't look like a team that's going places, we never did all season.

I'm starting to think Napoli will eliminate us next week from CL. At least that will probably save us form complete obliteration in the next round vs a top team.
Nope. Do better. Just looked at defense. Know attack is poor and consequently got worse because of mf injuries.

Porque

Nope. Do better.

200w.gif

malvolio

Nope. Do better. Just looked at defense. Know attack is poor and consequently got worse because of mf injuries.
Them missing Nico + being tired doesn't ring a bell for you?

You looked at defense like you're looking at kebabs.

Horatio

You're welcome
Them missing Nico + being tired doesn't ring a bell for you?

You looked at defense like you're looking at kebabs.
They have been mentioned in my exchange with Porque. Don't know what you are on.
They are imo being overstated though. Still remains to me remarkable Ter Stegen had nothing to do in their own home. Wouldn't be surprised if by numbers this has been Bilbao's poorest match offensively in years. But nowhere mentioned. Then saying they missed 1 player and they had busier schedule than usual doesn't paint complete picture for me. Bilbao does not have a bench? Could be wrong.

Home of Barca Fans