Liga Round 12: Real Sociedad - Barca 0-1

Andresito

Staff member
Seems like everyone but Roberto and maybe Frenkie are back. Not many are clear cut starters at the moment, will be good competition.

Should be extremely careful with Pedri. Treat him as if he's Dembele. Give him time to acclimate until the international break (no more than 45 min at once) and play him as usual after that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like everyone but Roberto and maybe Frenkie are back. Not many are clear cut starters at the moment, will be good competition.

Should be extremely careful with Pedri. Treat him as if he's Dembele. Give him time to acclimate until the international break (no more than 45 min at once) and play him as usual after that.

Just read Frenkie won't make it.

Overall I think we can't go on playing with both Balde and Cancelo. We are leaking too much goals and now that Kounde is also back we should revert to last season's setup.

wisconsincule

Overall I think we can't go on playing with both Balde and Cancelo. We are leaking too much goals and now that Kounde is also back we should revert to last season's setup.
Agree. Way to fragile defensively.

Masetro10

Xavi is about to start running the 3 man backline I hope. Then it will be ok to use Cancelo and Balde is our wing backs. Our forwards are pretty trash so this could be the winner

Peter D

I would prefer almost the same starting XI against Madrid.
Ter Stegen
Araujo, Christensen, Martinez and Balde
Lopez, Gündogan and Gavi
Lamal, Torres and Félix.

In 2nd half Cancelo can replace Balde, or Xavi can try
Cancelo, Araujo, Christensen and Martinez (left)
Lewa and Raphina between 45 to 60 minutes
If Pedri is 100%, bring him between 70 to 75 minutes.

When Raphina get injured, Xavi was trying a combination I liked.
Let Yamal on the field as winger and replace Lopez with Raphina
to get a more lethal attack.

No Romeu, please.

Andresito

Staff member
Wouldn't be a bad idea to play one of the CB's at RB and rotate Cancelo/Balde at LB a few games seeing as both of them played a lot recently.

Messi983

Wouldn't be a bad idea to play one of the CB's at RB and rotate Cancelo/Balde at LB a few games seeing as both of them played a lot recently.

Agreed but think this is more likely to happen against Shakhtar than in a must win tough away game at Anoeta.

serghei

Some are gettting way too carried away with Yamal around here. Kid is nowhere near ready yet for games like these.

Must win match if we want to win the title.

serghei

Not over, but the team becomes clear underdogs for sure if the gap goes to -7. Madrid and Atletico improved their league consistency from last season while we declined, especially in defense.

Backline and Stegen are committing blunders on regular basis these days. Xavi is gonna have his hands full this season.

ajnotkeith

Atletico under Simeone have reached their ceiling imo. They just aren't and won't ever be good enough to sustain a title challenge, that ship is sailing.

I'm more worried about Madrid and also Girona. Girona probably can't win the title but they can challenge for it and put pressure on us in our fixtures.

Home of Barca Fans