Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

Nazario1985

As stated before these things need months to be done correctly, so the new manager can already have a saying on this summer transfer.

The only available "good" ones are flick and Tuchel.

If not taken already.

Messigician

It’s done

Tier 0 source basically official

🚨🚨🌕| BREAKING: Hansi Flick is FC Barcelona's new head coach. It's DONE! @CatalunyaRadio 🇩🇪☎️

M3ls

I have great concerns about Flick. I talked about this earlier. Flick is a mystery to me. And I don’t know what to expect from him. I hope my doubts are not confirmed.

I’m very sorry for Xavi as the club’s leader and the person who helped the club in a very difficult time.

draconifire

Literally anti-Barca style if you account for the last decade and a half. I love that fact, plus if he could change the mentality in the club and be direct in personality-wise.
Though with taking the current Barca squad in mind. He won't be able to implement his tactic, we have slower players and not clinical strikers. Plus our backline is one of the worst in a decade.
If he comes here, he needs to adapt his tactics and slowly get players who work his style, which will take time.
But his style is exactly what I am looking for.

M3ls

Comment from a Bayern fan under the news of Flick's appointment.

As a Bayern fan, I will say that Flick is overrated and is not worth putting him in place of the already adapted Xavi. The man (Xavi) took the championship in the first season (full season) with all the problems, in the second he took the same number of points as in the championship year, and reached the Champions League playoffs, where he lost due to deletion. A man builds a team and gets fired halfway through for the sake of dubious success with a coach who took the treble in half a season on moral and strong-willed grounds.

Everyone only remembers the trophies, but they don’t remember the game. We had problems in the quarter-finals against Lyon, PSG just didn't score their chances in the final.The next year is indicative, where we we lost against a weak team in the cup and lost vs PSG in the champions league.. I don’t know what they expect at Barca if he left Bayern due to disagreements over transfers. There is no money at Barca, will he be ready to accept the fact that they give him an old striker as a starter?

Watch a film about the German national team under Flick, it can tell you a lot.
Thanks to him for the treble, of course, but as a coach, I think he is overrated and the German national team showed this in particular. But if everything works out for him, I’ll be happy.

You can simply take a dry comparison of Bayern's two seasons, one of which is considered a failure, and the second is considered ordinary with success in the form of the Bundesliga.
Comparing the full seasons of Tuchel and Flick - Tuchel has 72 points, 94 goals scored, 45 conceded (we take into account that defenders are always injured), 3rd place. Flick has 78 points, 99 goals scored, 44 missed, 1st place.
What do we have? If Bayer Leverkusen had played in Flick's season as well, we would have been in second place. The result, as you can see, is almost identical. But everyone thinks that Tuchel is a failure, and Flick created a super team.
Exactly the same loss against a weak team in the Cup, only Flick was eliminated from the Champions League earlier, and not in 1/2 in the last minute.

Messigician

Comment from a Bayern fan under the news of Flick's appointment.

As a Bayern fan, I will say that Flick is overrated and is not worth putting him in place of the already adapted Xavi. The man (Xavi) took the championship in the first season (full season) with all the problems, in the second he took the same number of points as in the championship year, and reached the Champions League playoffs, where he lost due to deletion. A man builds a team and gets fired halfway through for the sake of dubious success with a coach who took the treble in half a season on moral and strong-willed grounds.

Everyone only remembers the trophies, but they don’t remember the game. We had problems in the quarter-finals against Lyon, PSG just didn't score their chances in the final.The next year is indicative, where we we lost against a weak team in the cup and lost vs PSG in the champions league.. I don’t know what they expect at Barca if he left Bayern due to disagreements over transfers. There is no money at Barca, will he be ready to accept the fact that they give him an old striker as a starter?

Watch a film about the German national team under Flick, it can tell you a lot.
Thanks to him for the treble, of course, but as a coach, I think he is overrated and the German national team showed this in particular. But if everything works out for him, I’ll be happy.

You can simply take a dry comparison of Bayern's two seasons, one of which is considered a failure, and the second is considered ordinary with success in the form of the Bundesliga.
Comparing the full seasons of Tuchel and Flick - Tuchel has 72 points, 94 goals scored, 45 conceded (we take into account that defenders are always injured), 3rd place. Flick has 78 points, 99 goals scored, 44 missed, 1st place.
What do we have? If Bayer Leverkusen had played in Flick's season as well, we would have been in second place. The result, as you can see, is almost identical. But everyone thinks that Tuchel is a failure, and Flick created a super team.
Exactly the same loss against a weak team in the Cup, only Flick was eliminated from the Champions League earlier, and not in 1/2 in the last minute.
Starting my hunger strike today

Home of Barca Fans