Let's talk about Xavi's replacement (2024)

Xavi replacement v3

• Total voters

jamrock

Manchester United and Chelsea face a possible battle for their new head coach after Sky Sports News learned that United officials have met with representatives of Ipswich Town manager Kieran McKenna.

It is now clear that both Man Utd and Chelsea have McKenna on their shortlist of possible candidates - even though United have yet to decide whether to stick with Erik ten Hag next season.

---

Man UTD, us and Bayern seem to be in a race to outclown each other.

Man UTD play City this weekend in the FA Cup final, and have this publicly drop.
Don't forget Chelsea lol

Devils

I cant believe we are actually going to appoint Hansi 'The Ponzi' Flick.

This club loves taking massive risks even when they can't afford to.

TITANIUM Thomas would have been the obvious and most logical pick but logical is not a word to describe Barca these days.

serghei

In the CL 2nd round and quarter (up to the sending off) we were among the top % in distance covered.

If that was our peak, then our peak was that of the top PL sides.

The issue is that it didn't last more than a few weeks. Be it the hit of the CL exit or whatever, but it seems the issue with Xavi was more than just the physical preparation. But the mentality.

There have been hints of this throughout his tenure.

Going to Frankfurt, getting a draw and then getting KO at home.

Going to Madrid, getting a win and then getting KO at home.

Going to PSG, getting a win, and then getting KO at home.

It's a theme that transcends both the stadium excuse and the sending off excuse. Because it repeats.

Serghei is right about one thing though. We didn't overachieve by winning the league but Xavi overachieved by winning the league. Our chances conceded was way higher than what we conceded while most of the wins were 1-0.

If the opponents scored a fraction of the goals they should have, then we would have seen what we have seen this year. A Catalan meltdown taco filled with 5 red cards, 1 pinata and a ton of excuses.

Complete bullshit. Last season the team ranked no1 in all expected stats in the league, most expected goals, fewest expected goals against, most expected points. So tell me exactly how did a team that should've had the best attack, best defense and most points not win the league by merit?

xg.png

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Porque's gotta be a PSG fan in covert or something. No way a Barcelona fan finds new ways to conjure artificial negativity about Barca when there's already plenty of real/justifiable negativity to go around :lol:

jamrock

Porque's gotta be a PSG fan in covert or something. No way a Barcelona fan finds new ways to conjure artificial negativity about Barca when there's already plenty of real/justifiable negativity to go around :lol:
He's been doing a fair been of that lately, making some logical leaps to criticize Xavi.

I don't know how us losing 3 games that if you watch them are completely unrelated, comes back to Xavi, especially since we've been losing from winning positions in K.O games for 5+ years now.

Being critical of xavi is fair, their is enough to be critical of, no need to connect unrelated dots.

BJJ

If Flick does come he will have his hands full.
I like Tuchel also but prefer Flick because I think he is less likely to fall out with the board.
Tuchel will get disgruntled very quickly with the current board and we need some stability.
We also need something different. I'm sick of Barca DNA and mediocre la liga coaches. Flick should bring a more dynamic, intense style in theory. Club has become stale with trying to replicate the style of the past. If it works out- great, if it doesn't we move on to the next manager. All big clubs do that. Look at Chelsea , Utd and Bayerns candidates . Nothing special.

Givenchy

If Flick does come he will have his hands full.
I like Tuchel also but prefer Flick because I think he is less likely to fall out with the board.
Tuchel will get disgruntled very quickly with the current board and we need some stability.
We also need something different. I'm sick of Barca DNA and mediocre la liga coaches. Flick should bring a more dynamic, intense style in theory. Club has become stale with trying to replicate the style of the past. If it works out- great, if it doesn't we move on to the next manager. All big clubs do that. Look at Chelsea , Utd and Bayerns candidates . Nothing special.

You know one good thing about hiring an 'outsider' manager? Board probably won't cling onto them like cucks if they are no good, more ruthless.

Reactions: BJJ

Messigician

I cant believe we are actually going to appoint Hansi 'The Ponzi' Flick.

This club loves taking massive risks even when they can't afford to.

TITANIUM Thomas would have been the obvious and most logical pick but logical is not a word to describe Barca these days.
My sentiments exactly

Home of Barca Fans