Lautaro Martinez

Bullshit. I mean I get wanting to keep his buddy Suarez around, but no way he'd be against Barca signing one of his most talented fellow country man. In fact, all this shit about Messi deciding who Barca goes for or having any say in the matter, it's all bullshit. You think Messi likes being humiliated year in year out and it's hurting his (club) legacy) and his vs. CR comparisons. The fact is, he might be the GOAT, but he's still just a player, who's getting pretty much the highest wage in the world, no way he's gonna jeopardize that by mouthing off to the Board and telling them who not to sign. And he shouldn't as well, as it's not his job. Those who run the club, should do the job they're getting that fat pay for, but the sad thing is, they don't know how to do it.

I agree it's not his job, but neither is picking the manager ( which some people here hate him for not doing ) . Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

Havesaks

Im against neymar, but like i said, i can see only him that is capable enough to fill that spot with that quality.
Im also for another world class middlefielder and benching suarez, but we all know that aint happening this year.

Fati lautaro Messi would be something that would make sense for preparing them for future. Dembele has zero credits left, so he better start performing and be injury free, but thats something that could be blamed on club also for known lack of physical preparations. We're in shambles. Our transfer policy is so disgusting that we spend 400m on three players for the same spot(messi and suarez positions are occupied) and we arent even close to fixing that. 4 fucking hundred millions. And we are still in need of 1 wc mf, st, cb and fullbacks. Fucking hell.

Yeah, it's actually crazy how bad it's looking. Well buying Neymar is still not the worst decision this club has made and he will most probably be enough to fight for titles and maintain our status quo, but it wouldn't be a good long term deal for the club.

Personally I just really want some quality in our midfield. The midfield has been a mess since Iniesta left. That would be my highest priority.

HT1214

Article out today in Catalunya that claim Barcelona came close to signing Lautaro 6 months before Inter swooped in but that Pep Segura did not approve the transfer due to the player being deemed not Barca level

Segura again. said no to 25m young lautaro,say yes to 140m coutinho. well done.

Co0ter

To be fair, what exactly has he shown to prove he is a huge stand out talent? His scoring record is mediocre and he isn't exactly putting in great performances where he stands out somehow. He's just kind of there, great work ethic and part of a team effort.

LABarcaFan

Yeah, it's actually crazy how bad it's looking. Well buying Neymar is still not the worst decision this club has made and he will most probably be enough to fight for titles and maintain our status quo, but it wouldn't be a good long term deal for the club.

Personally I just really want some quality in our midfield. The midfield has been a mess since Iniesta left. That would be my highest priority.

I agree with you. Neymar has the most quality from all mentioned names, but with the half of his price tag (over 200 million euros) we can fix our problems up front. Get Dani Olmo (40 mil.) and Timo Werner (60-65 mil.) and we will have saved more than 100 millions, which can help address our needs at the back. We need two full backs and central defender and the likes of Kimmich and De Vrij won't come cheaper. Balancing the money in this transfer window and in the summer will be the key for our success as a team.

LABarcaFan

To be fair, what exactly has he shown to prove he is a huge stand out talent? His scoring record is mediocre and he isn't exactly putting in great performances where he stands out somehow. He's just kind of there, great work ethic and part of a team effort.

Absolute truth. In 17 games this season, he has collected already 5 yellow cards, which shows some cracks in his mentality. After any goal, he runs like crazy the entire field and makes very unorthodox gestures and mimics to the audience. That may be due to a mental issues.

LABarcaFan

Many Barcelona fans, who lives in Spain prefer Lautaro as Suarez's replacement because he is Hispanic. It seems like they intentionally are ignoring the fact that one T.Werner for example is a lot better striker and may cost us even less money.

LABarcaFan

I don t think Dembele and Coutinho transfers were bad as they happened. They were the consequence of Neymar saga. Both transfers were welcomed by the majority of fans. It was probably easier to predict how
Coutinho would not work out than it was for Dembele and Cou was a big wish in the minds of many fans earlier.

Regarding Neymar, yes he has quality when he is in form. But those windows are getting shorter each year and it s only going to get worse. He is far to expensive and unreliable to justify spending 100 s of millions in his transfer.

I don t think this team has much fuel left in the tank and we should start planing and moving for a post Messi era. Each line should have at least one WC talent with the right mentality as a building block.

Young CB- De Jong - Fati -Young striker(Lautaro?). Everyone else is transferable, including Arthur and Dembele. Above all we need new coach.

That is true. We need one world class player at each line, instead of paying 200+ millions just for Neymar.

My preffered players are: Ter-Stegen..... Stefan de Vrij......... F. de Jong........D.Olmo....T.Werner

Kul_z

That is true. We need one world class player at each line, instead of paying 200+ millions just for Neymar.

My preffered players are: Ter-Stegen..... Stefan de Vrij......... F. de Jong........D.Olmo....T.Werner

Only stegen and de jong, that are already ours are world class. Olmo, de vrij? Fucking lol. Werner is close tho, but not barca type of striker

LABarcaFan

Only stegen and de jong, that are already ours are world class. Olmo, de vrij? Fucking lol. Werner is close tho, but not barca type of striker

Why would you say that? De Vrij is a starter for the best Italian team at the moment and always plays at top level. I can bet you if Koemann takes the job in the summer, he will insist for the signings of De Vrij and Donny Van de Beek ( instead of D.Olmo maybe) And Olmo himself is a Spanish national and plays very consistently for Dinamo Zagreb. Most importantly, he is La Masia product. And why do you think Werner is not a Barca type of player? Pep is not here anymore to demand his system (tic-tac) with endless passing. With Messi and eventually Olmo, Werner can be the best scorer in Europe for many years to come.

mc_lovin

I would honestly trade Messi for a fully fit Fati-Martinez-Dembele frontline right now. At least it looks coherent on paper with clear roles for everyone :lol:

Last edited:
This coming week is going to be heavy with Barça transfers. The immediate signing of Lautaro is also not ruled out. [cat radio]

Home of Barca Fans