La Liga Round 28: FC Barcrelona - Girona 0-0

gregorrin10

Ok, I've seen enough. We're worse (more sterile in attack) than Atletico in the most defensive Simeone days. We basically play for 0-0. If we get lucky and score, we win 1-0, if not, there's nothing. And then when a top team comes, who takes their chances (who we give away in abundance every game even with our so called 'great' defense), we get battered. No matter Bayern or Madrid. Not to mention the horrible non use of young players. Heck, even Koeman who I hate with a passion was better in that regard. Yes, he didn't have many other choices, but at least he went for it. Meanwhile Xavi will keep wanting to sign a few more 32+ year olds like Inigo, Gundogan and even Auba back so that he can play them instead of giving a chance to our young ones even in the most meaningless games. Like today, we could've seen at least Torre and Estanis, especially with every one of our attackers and midfielders being worse than crap. Even maybe try a different formation if we don't have the personnel to make like for like substitutions. But I know that's well above Xavi's skill level. I see that now.

Oh how I wish Laporta would be working behind the scenes and getting Nagelsmann here now that he's free. Especially since reports before said that he wanted a German coach in (Flick his first choice, but I think Nagelsmann was also in the mix as well). But I know that's a pipe dream, especially now that we're winning the league. But Nagelsmann here, with Xavi relegated to an assistant coach role and learning from an actual top level manager for at least 5 years would be so perfect. Cause that how much Xavi is away from being a top level coach. And even then it's not guaranteed that he'll ever make it.

gregorrin10

We're worse (more sterile in attack) than Atletico in the most defensive Simeone days. Our best chances always come from corners or free kick crosses/headers. If we get lucky and score, we win 1-0, if not, there's nothing. Without Pedri and/or De Jong and Dembele we create nothing. And then when a top team comes, who takes their chances (who we give away in abundance every game even with our so called 'great' defense), we get battered. No matter Bayern or Madrid.

Not to mention the horrible non use of young players. Heck, even Koeman who I hate with a passion was better in that regard. Yes, he didn't have many other choices, but at least he went for it. Meanwhile Xavi will keep wanting to sign a few more 32+ year olds like Inigo, Gundogan and even Auba back so that he can play them instead of giving a chance to our young ones even in the most meaningless games. Like today, we could've seen at least Torre and Estanis, especially with every one of our attackers and midfielders being worse than crap. Even maybe try a different formation if we don't have the personnel to make like for like substitutions. But I know that's well above Xavi's skill level. I see that now. And I've seen enough.

Last game I watched this season with this squad for sure. I'm sure that even after we're mathematically champions, Xavi will still field the likes of Alonso, Garcia, Roberto, Fati, Torres, Raphinha, Lewa...instead of giving a chance to Riad, Casado, Garrido, Estanis, Alarcon, maybe even give Yamal his debut (would be history at 15). And if some significant changes/upgrades aren't made in the summer, I'm not sure I'm watching next season either. Half of the team basically has to go, and not be replaced by a bunch of new 30+year olds, but of course that's exactly what won't happen (in terms of departures) and will happen (in terms of replacements).

Oh how I wish Laporta would be working behind the scenes and getting Nagelsmann here now that he's free. Especially since reports before said that he wanted a German coach in (Flick his first choice, but I think Nagelsmann was also in the mix as well). But I know that's a pipe dream, especially now that we're winning the league. But Nagelsmann here, with Xavi relegated to an assistant coach role and learning from an actual top level manager for at least 5 years would be so perfect. Cause that how much Xavi is away from being a top level coach. And even then it's not guaranteed that he'll ever make it. From tactics, to man management to lack of trust in youth...he's lacking EVERYWHERE!!!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Nagelsmann won't magically fix our scoring troubles. With Dembele injured and Lewy being old and washed it's just a lack of quality in the final third. We wasted 120m on two average right wingers.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Woow, dropped points at home against Girona. Seems like humiliation available against Real meant nothing despite all the talk.

gregorrin10

Nagelsmann won't magically fix our scoring troubles. With Dembele injured and Lewy being old and washed it's just a lack of quality in the final third. We wasted 120m on two average right wingers.

He'd at least get us playing 3 atb, which is what this team is most suited to right now. Would have to get Inigo and one more good CB (Ndicka) for real depth though, since Garcia and Alonso are both done. And maybe we do go for Frimpong, and just play him and Balde as wing backs and have them bombing up and down that wing, providing all the width we need just from them. Don't have capable wingers anyway, and the one we do have (Dembele), we'll probably end up having to sell anyway, cause he and his agent will want too much money for that extension and I'm sensing we'll sell him this summer instead for that 50M release clause. Might as well just give up on wingers all together in our formation after that, and just get attacking wing backs to provide the width instead, and have Pedri, De Jong, Gavi/Gundogan, Messi and Lewa/new striker combining centrally in a 3-5-2/3-4-3 diamond.

Richard.H

Wtf, you'd think the confidence and abilities of this club would be sky high after the great showings against RM earlier in the year. IDK what to say, it's sad seeing the club not sustain the momentum. In years past, after such wins vs RM it would usually mean finishing the season well.

Porque

Maybe ball was like 1 cm on the line.

From the angle that I saw it seemed the ball was all the way in but they didn't show a goal line technology replay of it , or have I missed it ?

Inside is out, out is in these days. Go to minute 2:20.

[video=youtube_share;mQHwuSntGJo]https://youtu.be/mQHwuSntGJo?t=140[/video]

Home of Barca Fans